Quake On Gp

narmak

I was searching for quake on emule the other day, when amazingly i ran into a gp32 version, i ran it and it booted into the quake loading screen, and just froze. Has anybody tried it, and does anybody know if it's default clock is set to 166? thanks.

doom isn't 3d anyway, it's sort of Moch3d or such. if you noticed you couldn't have rooms below you *like a whole room below you, where you are standing* so it was weird and shizz muh nizzle

GP Quake was released along time ago, it was in very early stages and for some reason only worked on 32mb SMC's, or maybe it was 16mb. Anyways, it's cancelled.

Quake was a quick port from the (floating point) pocketPC port, hence it runs like a dog. The pocketPC version has since had the floating point maths taken out, until someone ports the new code, quake is not worth touching i'm afraid.

Doom is not a raycaster. It just renders the BSP tree, and fills in the floors with some sort of floodfill algo

A while ago i tryed to get the gp32 sources compiled then start to replace it with the new non floating point code but i could never get it compiled and alot of guysa tryed.

Guyfawkes got it to compile once and craigx said he would look at it after gpdoom but i dont think he will bother.

I might have another go at trying to compile it and see what happens.

Also it has a bug where only 32mb smc's work

but as far as i remember it played at 3 or 4 fps max but it looked nice on the gp32 :)

:ph34r:

would still be a nice thing to play this on the gp32....
perhaps something for the next competition :)

Back