Release Quake 3 on the pandora

Ok thats cool i dont own a GP2X or a pandora but i kinda want to get one and see how good it really is.
Also is it possible to see Wolfenstein enemy territory ported to the pandora i found the source code on filefront.

0wnage said:
Im looking forward to doom 3 port coming to the pandora sometime. i found the SDK for doom 3 and it comes with the game source code for the expansion pack im not sure if you can use that to port it over or not <_<

Doom 3 ? Surely this isn't going to possible on the Pandora ??

This was high spec for the PC when it was released so surely the Pandora couldn't handle this ?

This would be a pleasant suprise, but im holding my breath :lol:

well.. even my phone can handle duke nukem 3d ( 208 mghz, power vr and 64mb ram ) but getting doom 3 or quake 3 working would need some tweaking on the graphics.

Chaosstorm said:
well.. even my phone can handle duke nukem 3d ( 208 mghz, power vr and 64mb ram ) but getting doom 3 or quake 3 working would need some tweaking on the graphics.

Pandora will play Quake 3 with ease. Doom 3 will take some optimizing, but would be an achievable port on the bleeding edge IMO(If the source is released).

Aaaaanddd it's all over folks. Quake 3 is 90% done. It's already working on Nokia Omap 2420 powered handsets so a bit of pandora specific code and that should be it.

Read about the glory here->http://www.symbian-freak.com/downlo...scriptions/games/quake_III_for_s60_phones.htm.

Points of Note:
Runs on E90
N95 has 128MB ram
N95 runs at 330MHz

Holy poo.... something tells me that the pandora seriously may be able to do Doom 3 without absurd levels of effort....

Yes, it's really a good find :)
Are there vids, yet?
It would be very nice to see an actual gameplay vid.

likwidoxigen said:
Holy poo.... something tells me that the pandora seriously may be able to do Doom 3 without absurd levels of effort....
Q3 runs with <20fps on that screenshots. I would not jump to conclusions about Doom 3 on the Pandora from that. Doom 3 is a whole different league with its lighting.

20fps is with hardware acceleration. The older OMAP has got a PowerVR MBX, the predecessor of SGX. Quake 3 has got no software rendering option at all AFAIK. To achieve 20fps with software OGL you'd need a lot of processing power.

Schbirid said:
Q3 runs with <20fps on that screenshots. I would not jump to conclusions about Doom 3 on the Pandora from that. Doom 3 is a whole different league with its lighting.

That's with half the processing power and ram that we'll have with the pandora. And it's hard to quantify the differences between the SGX and MBX. We've at the very least got a very strong starting position.

gerd said:
20fps is with hardware acceleration. The older OMAP has got a PowerVR MBX, the predecessor of SGX. Quake 3 has got no software rendering option at all AFAIK. To achieve 20fps with software OGL you'd need a lot of processing power.
But there's a inofficial sw-renderer even for doom3. When you switch off the effects the level geometry of doom3 isn't not impressing anymore.
I thought he spoke of the software version in the repository

mkinzler said:
But there's a inofficial sw-renderer even for doom3. When you switch off the effects the level geometry of doom3 isn't not impressing anymore.
Heh, the whole game is not impressing anymore if you do that. I mean, http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1462 was a nice technical "thing" but seriously, UGH!
I could not find anything about a software renderer for Doom 3, mind linking? Nevermind if you meant Mesa...

Yes, Quake 3 will probably run very well on the Pandora. But I don't think Doom 3 will ever do (in a decent way).

Back