Release Quake 3 on the pandora

Dashkid

Still Fresh
Well.....since its possible for quake 3 to be on the pandora....would you be able to play mods in quake 3?

depends if its open source

I dont think Quake 3 is yet - Doom 3 will be

Unless someone writes a emulator then has original ID files as source that might work, expect the order to be something like ...

Quake 2 - As a launch title
Doom 3 - When it becomes open sourced within 3-6 months
Quake 3 - Within first year once someone compiles something for pandora

Well im just looking forward to playing a quake 3 mod like bid for power. If you dont know what it is look it up on google or youtube.

rajtakhar said:
Quake 2 - As a launch title
Doom 3 - When it becomes open sourced within 3-6 months
Quake 3 - Within first year once someone compiles something for pandora

I think someone is confused...

OK I stand corrected on Quake 3 not being Open Source :confused:

Just remember that the distribution referred to on previous page was for angstorm, which would just be a arm specific shell app to enable the original quake application to run, it is not by itself a fully functional download of Quake 3 which will enable you to play Quake 3 straight away on you Pandora.

You would still need the applicable 180MB Plus .pak file (that what it was called on Quake 2) to actually mess around with quake

Sorry if this sounds stupid to most, but we do need to explain to everyone reading the post that you need the original install file from either a PC or a software DVD in order to play the game (and WE don't want to promote how you get the files on the net)

Yes the engine is opensource, but the game. especially the game ressources like graphics, sounds, models etc are still copyright protected. But it's the same for q1 and q2

mkinzler said:
Yes the engine is opensource, but the game. especially the game ressources like graphics, sounds, models etc are still copyright protected. But it's the same for q1 and q2

The openArena project has replacement content (graphics, sounds, models, etc) for the Quake3 engine.

Im looking forward to doom 3 port coming to the pandora sometime. i found the SDK for doom 3 and it comes with the game source code for the expansion pack im not sure if you can use that to port it over or not <_<

0wnage said:
Im looking forward to doom 3 port coming to the pandora sometime. i found the SDK for doom 3 and it comes with the game source code for the expansion pack im not sure if you can use that to port it over or not <_<
The SDK by itself won't be able to help port Doom 3 over, as it's not the full source code. However, the full source code is being released after Rage comes out, I believe.

Ok thanks for the info about doom 3.
another game i want to see ported is Duke Nukem 3D 3Drealms released the source code for duke3d so it is possible to port it to the pandora?

Back