Since The Pandora Can Run Quake 3 Quite Well It Seems...

Delirious17

Still Fresh
I absolutely love Urban Terror and all the other mods/maps you can freely download for Quake 3. How easy would that be to get Urban Terror and other mods/maps to work on the Pandora?

Since this has come up at least once before (very recently) I already know the answer.
*ahem*
No.

WizardStan said:
Since this has come up at least once before (very recently) I already know the answer.
*ahem*
No.

I thought that the ioquake3 engine was open source, and that Urban Terror uses that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr.PHP said:
WizardStan said:
*ahem*
No.

I thought that the ioquake3 engine was open source, and that Urban Terror uses that?
It was built on the ioquake engine. It has extra stuff that isn't open.
edit: specifically getting information from Wikipedia. Feel free to correct me (and update wiki at the same time) if this is no longer the case.

Nope, that's the last I've heard. Urban Terror has some closed-source extensions that would make it impossible to run on the Pandora, unless the developers opened it or made an ARM port of their own volition.

lulzfish, I'm in love with your signature.
Only people who read that one post and recognize it through your edit will get it. but its funny.
just want you to know

El Jefe said:
Only people who read that one post and recognize it through your edit will get it. but its funny.
just want you to know

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Your best bet is to contact the devs and try to get them interested. It shouldn't take too much work to get it ported, so who knows.

El Jefe said:
just want you to know
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=17633

itt el jefe shits up another thread.

itt:
gary being butthurt again over that time I called him out on being a dumbass on his second post or something

El Jefe said:
just want you to know
that's why i have a signature too. but i don't think i can keep up with lulzfish's post count

I think I can resolve this little dispute. Just requires a bit of empathy for both parties. I think I can manage that.

Gary13579 said:
Your best bet is to contact the devs and try to get them interested. It shouldn't take too much work to get it ported, so who knows.

El Jefe said:
just want you to know
http://www.gp32x.de...mMemberID=17633

itt el jefe shits up another thread.

Shut up.

El Jefe said:
itt:
gary being butthurt again over that time I called him out on being a dumbass on his second post or something

Fuck off.

Shit, I'm pretty good at this. B)

Coundown till thread lockdown: 5, 4, 3...

Back