Quad core mini computer

Must admit this thing looks awesome, it seems to have speed to burn. Be awesome for emulators or anything really. $130 is reasonable for the specs including 1Gb ram

Quad core Exynos4412 with each core at 1.4 Ghz - Nice.

How is it possible that something like this (low quantity as well, probably) is being sold at 130$ and the pandora 2 is targeting 600-700$?

I understand that a pandora also needs display, controls, case and battery, but do these sum up to 470$+?

Yes, the p2 won't use THIS SOC, but when the time comes it will probably be in the same pricearea, maybe a bit, maybe even a lot more, but even then... I don't get it....

Oh, they do.

Developing the case + prototyping is about 100K EUR.

A good LCD costs about 60 EUR.

Assembling the Pandora costs about 10 EUR as well per device.

Then some custom stuff (LCD cable, etc.) also adds 15 ER per device.

And it takes a lot more time and work to design a PCB and case which work together pretty well and are comfortable to use...

I didn't believe it at first myself, but yes, doing a single PCB with an SoC and just using the outputs and feautures the SoC offers is a lot cheaper than doing a customized device.

But back to topic:

Yep, this one looks neat. If any Linux runs flawlessly with it, it probably might replace my BeaglexM

ROFLMAO... the odroid isn't bad at all hardware wise. The only thing wrong was the controls on a (admitted by them) non-finished design aimed specifically at developers and absolutely horrid.

They (hardkernel) are respectable members of the open source community.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it possible that something like this (low quantity as well, probably) is being sold at 130$ and the pandora 2 is targeting 600-700$?

I understand that a pandora also needs display, controls, case and battery, but do these sum up to 470$+?

Yes, the p2 won't use THIS SOC, but when the time comes it will probably be in the same pricearea, maybe a bit, maybe even a lot more, but even then... I don't get it....

You would not believe how the cost skyrockets when you do more than a basic board.

All this device looks like is an ES design mass produced. No battery, no wifi(?), no LCD, no controls, no case, no media etc.

Another problem is all touchscreen games would be unplayable how would you play shadowgun on this?

Im getting the nexus 7 tablet this week that and the prime will do me fine seriously considering selling the pandora has crack on the lid but everthing works fine just need to set a price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a potential replacement for when my BeagleBoard is finally not good enough. Would have to install something other than Android on it though, probably.

Crap, I just got a Pandaboard ES. Ah well, it still rocks.

Back