Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Gonna be tough to beat this app. Hands down winner in my book. I'm dying to get my hands on this!

What's the chances of usermode being fixed for arm in the near future?

Gonna be tough to beat this app. Hands down winner in my book. I'm dying to get my hands on this!

What's the chances of usermode being fixed for arm in the near future?

No clue unfortunately, but to do that myself is over my skills...

Last edited by a moderator:
They should be aware of it, as versions from 1.0 up have no working arm host support right now and they know about it.

Edit: what is quite funny, as they added kvm support for the new a15.

Hi there sorry for long time no Posting from me.

Here is one of the Coolest Videos from OpenPandora ever :)

DANCE MACHINE ON OPENPANDORA HANDHELD

(DEMO VERSION ,BUT ENJOY WHAT YOU CAN MAKE WITH YOUR PANDORA TOO)

DANCE MACHINE
2aa2cb48efa855767c996f43dc44754f_1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qg6PxLXBp1s?feature=oembed

Finaly when the Rebirth Competition is over,you can play that with your Pandora too.

PLZ Vote for us and Happy Posting :rolleyes:

They should be aware of it, as versions from 1.0 up have no working arm host support right now and they know about it.

Edit: what is quite funny, as they added kvm support for the new a15.
Not sure if you saw in IRC; I have usermode qemu working on my Pandora (with threads/forking, even)

WINE, however, deadlocks. I haven't yet spent the time to debug/fix it. If I get WINE working, I can develop native graphics acceleration based on WINE's graphics wrappers and the QEMU opengl es passthrough, potentially making early direct3d/draw and opengl games extremely playable.

How powerful a windows machine could WINE+QEmu emulate?

(assuming graphics acceleration works out)

We're still talking low-end pentium 1-2, but graphics acceleration means no load from a software renderer, which should be pretty significant - I'm betting the hardware rendering will be much more efficient (because I'll likely pass the rendering calls to completely native code).

Did you patch it up, so 1.0 works? Were you able to start a virtual machine or another linux x86 prgram?

User-mode is just for starting linux x86 programs, and yes iirc I was able to chroot into a full x86 system :)

That's actually a screenshot of qemu-i386 running on my x86_64 server under qemu-arm (having qemu-arm in user-space has made my Pandora development workflow much nicer, while still far faster than the Pandora itself :D )... but the same binary works on my pandora. I got x86 Dwarf Fortress running on it as a rather successful (albeit slow) test.

With an OpenGL -> GL ES binary wrapper (I have a basic one already), we could also run binary games/programs ported to x86 Linux but not ARM or open-source.

Sounds good, you should push your patches upstream, as original 1.1 doesn't work for armhosts atm.

I can't see, why they shouldn't as log as they are dos or early win95.

You'll get the chance to test pretty soon :)

News News News News:

I have Created Images to Download with

DRDOS+Tyrian for Dos(with Sound and Nubplaying)

DRDOS+GTA (With Sound and GTA is Freeware)

DRDOS+Skyroads(Little Megafunny Game and with Sound too)

DRDOS

FREEDOS

REACTOS

Mcobit and i will ask Evildragon for Webspace then we can Host the Images on his Server.

You must only start PanQemu,then choose Image and happy playing(the Games Images will start automatic)

we musst only meet ED in his GP2x Chat,then the Email Way is a loong Time ;)

(I will work on more Images but i dont have many Time because my Work and Wife :rolleyes: )

Happy posting :)

There are many Images for our Qemu Project Online.

Mcobit will Today post the Links.

Many Freeware Games and Reactos,DrDos,Freedos.

BombermanClones,SpaceInvaderClones,Jump&Runs,Gravity Force and GTA Freeware for Dos.

and many more.

I will make more Images,but i have not many time,sorry
smile.png

Back