Pyra Questions

JimGoose

Still Fresh
Do you think you could do game streaming with The Pyra? I am talking gameboy or maybe even nes.

I mean like streaming to twitch or steam buddies with steam streaming.

That should work if you've got Exagear Desktop and Steam installed on the Pyra.

There's a few options according to the arch wiki.

OBS and Castawesome can stream directly to twitch. Only problem is we might not have native hardware decoding (h.264) for a while so it might be sluggish.

The alternative is to stream using a Elgato HD60 or something and capture the video that way. Personally this would be the better idea and you can guarantee full performance of the Pyra.

The alternative is to stream using a Elgato HD60 or something and capture the video that way. Personally this would be the better idea and you can guarantee full performance of the Pyra.
I agree, just get a capture box capable of streaming. This way you would have the live chat on your computer monitor and not cluttering up the Pyra screen. I'm even thinking the box itself doesn't need to have streaming capability, you computer could handle that.

You should definitely use the Elgato solution.
It has such a powerful form.
Don't care too much about horsepower and en-/decoding
:D

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-29_18-36-41.png
    upload_2018-3-29_18-36-41.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 488
Yeah Elgato HD60 works great on the OMAP5 devboard for me.

Thank you all for all your replies. What is the lowest OBS can stream? 480p? I just want to see if it is possible to stream with a steady frame rate all on The Pyra. The novelty of it being all in one is what I want.

Thank you all for all your replies. What is the lowest OBS can stream? 480p? I just want to see if it is possible to stream with a steady frame rate all on The Pyra. The novelty of it being all in one is what I want.
obs_downscaling.png

I've got one of these :

It captures at 720p60 or 1080p30. It isn't perfect, the drivers are a little flakey and Windows only (there's probably a way to use on Linux but I'm using Windows anyway so I haven't looked). I think you can livestream with it, but I haven't tried.

So its drawbacks are pretty numerous, but as these things go it's pretty cheap. It's been fine for my (admittedly limited) use case.

That dropdown is a combobox, so you can just enter your own resolution. No idea if Twitch or other services demand certain resolutions at all costs, though.
Oh nice, I hadn't noticed.
I just tried 320x240 and twitch was fine with it.

Is it to late to order one i am really thinking i would like one now how do i go about ordering one and when will i get it now.

Is it to late to order one i am really thinking i would like one now how do i go about ordering one and when will i get it now.
You can still order on, the preeorders arend closed yet, if i remember correctly, its only needed about 500 Orders to start the Mass Produktion and whe are allready over 1000..,
They are currently waiting for the Final Prototyphs, and when EvilDragon thinks they are good enought, he will order the Mass Produktion..

When you will get your Unit?? I dotnt know, "When its done" "Two Months TM", there isnt a fixed Release Date, as they learned from the Pandora Projekt that this kind of Device is quite divicult to make

Assuming You mean the Pyra, it's anything but too late to pre-order, and You place the pre-order directly to the manufacturer here. However, due to the nature and high targeted quality the shipping date is still unsure, and strangely, most of us are fine with it ;)

Should You be confused by why are there already answers on the streaming possibilities when there are no delivered orders yet- it's because the project has open hardware so we know the exact speccs, because there are prototypes and because there are some "devboards" which I understand are little setups of hardware identical to the Pyra, for development and debugging of some pretty dang advanced stuff.

The sum that is paid by PayPal and the total sum of PrestaShop cart are different i had a problem ordering

The sum that is paid by PayPal and the total sum of PrestaShop cart are different i had a problem ordering
Ehh? How can that be? The shop provides the exact amount to PayPal...?

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Back