Pyra Media Coverage

It was a good interview, but many of us are already aware of it. There were a few things I kinda knew, but never fully thought about or understood (such as ED's love of homebrew, and why he likes these types of devices, and old and homebrew games...I feel pretty much the same way, but there are some modern commercial games and franchises I like). It shouldn't be too hard to fit all kinds of info in a short video, but probably not in that much detail. Maybe he can do short videos where he answers FAQ like in the interview. 5 minutes once or twice a week where he comments on things like why it is so expensive, then shows a cool game or something. I want to see a video where he plays with the nubs so I can hear the springs.:D

No blender, it takes too long to render, no gpu either for some other off topic reasons.
I exported a collada format from blender and imported on lightwave.
Ah, good to know. No professionals seems to use Blender. XD
Well, I should download the new file and tweak it again, I got decent results with adjusting the model and render settings. With GPU rendering enabled I can render a nice Pic with almost no grain in 1-2 Minutes, CPU rendering usualy needs 2-3x longer. But of course, your Pics are looking already almost perfect, Black colour is fine, maybe you can try a "gunmetal-grey" version with some weak metallic/grain effect on it to break the smooth surface a little bit?

Ah, good to know. No professionals seems to use Blender. XD...
I use it quite a lot but not for render neither scene assemble. I think no package can beat lightwave in rendering speed and I use it ever since the toaster days. :)
Blender has many advantages and it is an essential companion to a large set of tools. Its fluid calculation is out of this world! Also, for being open source, it is the greatest ground for pioneer stuff, like scripts to generate random cities etc.

There is some final tweeks to be made on the model as well as adding the leds, I should start looking for final angle soon.
I will try a bit of material change on body and logo plate but I think it is best to have the images done so it can be used throughout this next week campaign push.

edit: on the screen tech, you could state the precision you have when gimping or blending, and you could also state the response time. Those 2 infos are critical for artists that want an on the go gadget. For me, it is about buying or not a computer. My caanoo has a great touch screen+response time I can see on the likes of Wacom cintiq...and that is not a cheap gadget either.
To be honest, I was abit shocked that in the latest preview video the line drawn in gimp is quite stepped after ED used the stylo on the screen...

Good to know, but other noobs who dont speak out this concern are now still less likely to puchase...

I didn't listen to the whole thing since I already know all the info. I think most people that only hear their voice from inside their head think their voice sounds weird. I think my voice sounds really dumb, yet I get many compliments on it. If that is what you were talking about, you sound fine to me. If you are uncomfortable making it public, don't. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, so you might as well share it with others.

Would you mind to add in the extra sensors which come with the 3G/4G module? Being the GPS, a 6-axis digital compass, a pressure, humidity and gas sensor.

For me those were the main reason to choose the version with the module
I have to idea how to mod Wikipedia articles, do you need some special account for this?

Last edited:
Back