Pyra carry case

The closed Pyra has almost the exact size to the original GameBoy when closed, so you can reuse your old holsters :)
A few years ago I was considering getting one of those GB holsters. If I can use it for my Pyra as well I pretty much need one.

M'kay, do you sell holster for the original GameBoy then? :)
I don't know if there are any now, but there were some on eBay a couple years ago. They seem to be more rare than the GBC ones, and I don't know what price they would go for.
[doublepost=1462272238,1462271476][/doublepost]There is one for sale in Spain. I was going to ask everyone not to buy it so I could, but the shipping is more than the holster to the US. It might be a fun and nerdy thing for someone in Euroland to get, especially if they like/have GBs.

Ah. I think he was saying that those that have one from when they were kids can still use it. If you want one, as I mentioned, there is one available right now. :D
I know. I actually had a GB as a kid - just short of a holster. :) Right now I'm more intrigued by @Eight Bit 's plan. And first I need a Pyra - I ordered one - must be here any Minute.

I'd be interested in a carry case that's (explicitly) attachable to my belt, which I easily can draw my pyra from. Or would that be called a holster? Anyway, can something like that be expected to be available sometime?
I picked up a set of these to protect a camera lenses, a quick test with Pandora shows that the Size L version would work pretty well as a belt attachable holster for Pyra. It has an attached carabiner clip as well as a sturdy nylon belt loop. :)

As for a general carry case one of these has worked really well for Pandora in my experience. It's a case for the original NDS (DS Phat), went for a black one, it cost about £8 delivered and fits the Pandora perfectly after a couple of minor snips to the included foam insert.

I picked up a set of these to protect a camera lenses, a quick test with Pandora shows that the Size L version would work pretty well as a belt attachable holster for Pyra. It has an attached carabiner clip as well as a sturdy nylon belt loop. :)
I see. Might become difficult with an wirebound headset attached, though.

Maybe the Pyra would fit inside!
Dunno, the Pyra might be a bit too thick for it. I own their original Nintendo DS Lite case, and it's a perfect (read: very tight) fit for it. But yeah, I'll check the 3DS cases out and when it doesn't work, I might actually get in touch with them to inquire if they could be persuaded to manufacture a case for the Pyra... which I doubt, but it seems worth a try.

If anyone has alternative case designs to show off, including somewhat bigger palmtop carry cases like the mobile office case from below, I'd be interested in seeing them.

leamapd0jps.gif

Last edited:
Dunno, the Pyra might be a bit too thick for it. I own the their original Nintendo DS Lite case, and it's a perfect (read: very tight) fit for it. But yeah, I'll check the 3DS cases out and when it doesn't work, I might actually get in touch with them to inquire if they could be persuaded to manufacture a case for the Pyra... which I doubt, but it seems worth a try.

If anyone has alternative case designs to show off, including somewhat bigger palmtop carry cases like the mobile office case from below, I'd be interested in seeing them.

leamapd0jps.gif

It's the thermal printer that really makes that set up cool.

I wish someone made one of those that didn't stick out 1.5+cm before it turns the elbow. I was able to find one pair of in-ear headphones with a truly flush 90 degree 3.5mm plug on it - they were great and only $15 - and now they're gone/lost. They were a full-headset with mic on the Apple non-standard standard so they didn't work with the Pandora.

They were the closest to 'flush' 90 degree mount I've found though.
Code:
http://www.amazon.com/TunePhonik-iMX5-Headphones-Microphone-Headset/dp/B00BT1BQEI

So - a truly flush 90 degree headset jack/adapter? Anyone?

There it says: "Gold Plated Contacts - for a better connection"
Cute. Is it a detail about the product arbitrarily followed by a motto?
I think they're trying to say why they're gold plated. So people don't think it's frivolous.

Well, gold doesn't corrode, but how does it improve the connection? Silver and copper are better conductors.

Oh, they are? I didn't know that. But maybe that's what they mean, so it won't corrode.
They are, although, the plating is so thin it doesn't matter. Still I think, in many cases gold contacts are oversold. I guess my point was, not getting worse is not being better in the first place. Or something.

Top three conductors in order are silver, copper and gold but gold doesn't corrode and silver and copper lose conductivity when they corrode also having connectors made from different types of metal connected to each other causes them to corrode faster

True. As I said it just doesn't worsen over time, and corrosion one could brush away. What would improve connection were increasing the area of contact, but since the connectors are to meet a standard in shape ... With the female connectors there's the freedom do arrange for that, though.
I still think it overstated.

Well, gold doesn't corrode, but how does it improve the connection? Silver and copper are better conductors.
That might be relevant if it were being compared to silver or copper. Regular 3.5mm headphone connectors are normally made from a non-corrosive metal though, or at the very least they are plated with one, so the gold probably is a better conductor than would normally be used in that application.

(incidentally the gold plated connector wasn't even a consideration when I posted that link.

-Neelix

That might be relevant if it were being compared to silver or copper. Regular 3.5mm headphone connectors are normally made from a non-corrosive metal though, or at the very least they are plated with one, so the gold probably is a better conductor than would normally be used in that application.
Hm, haven't thought of that - then it's an ok statement afterall. Thanks for making me yet a bit wiser.

(incidentally the gold plated connector wasn't even a consideration when I posted that link.

-Neelix
Didn't think so.

Back