Pyra extras...

Xcl4m4t10n

Advanced Member
Does anybody know if there any company that could cut gorilla glass on demand? Is there any plans for @EvilDragon to produce Gorilla glass in order to protect Pyra's screen? And what about the carry case? And protective case? What kind of extra stuff would you like to see and think it can be useful for the community?

Carry Case and protective cases are something I'm planning. Gorilla Glass doesn't make much sense as the touchscreen would stop working :)

Carry Case and protective cases are something I'm planning. Gorilla Glass doesn't make much sense as the touchscreen would stop working :)

Nice to heard that about carry/protective cases.

I also thought on the chance that the touchscreen would stop working. Is there any chance for you to try it? I mean, buy some generic gorilla glass protector for a mobile phone screen, put it in front of the (final) pyra screen and try if it's work or not.

The touchscreen requires physical contact, so putting glass over it makes it useless. There is also a chance it could cause constant input, such as with the occasional problem along the edges of the Pandora screen, messing up mouse input (too tired to think about how much of a problem that would really be).

All I want is the plastic case from the case company. No carrying case for me, I already have things that can do that (some of them are called "pockets" :p). I don't really need a screen protector, as I will cut one I already have to fit. I can't think of anything else I would want...I don't even need a cable with it.

glass screen protectors only work for capacitive screens ie. smart phones and tablets. Pyra has a resistive touch screen requiring physical contact to connect the layers and register a point on the grid.

I brought a carry case for my Pandora and haven't used it a single time. Will the Pyra carry case have some loops so I can attach it to a belt? Otherwise it'll be completely useless to me too. I'm not very fond of the idea of having some kind of bag just to put it into another bag.

Thank you for the information @spud42.

I brought a carry case for my Pandora and haven't used it a single time. Will the Pyra carry case have some loops so I can attach it to a belt? Otherwise it'll be completely useless to me too. I'm not very fond of the idea of having some kind of bag just to put it into another bag.

Well, I have to travel a lot, so an extra protection/bag is always welcome :D.

Crazy ideas for extras:

• Some shader to be able to see the screen on bright sunlight.
  • Some bag, protective case or similar that extends or unfolds some shade. Might some accordion shaped fabric/material in the sides so that the lid can be open or closed, like some archival folders have. But the accordion may be problematic for using the keyboard and controls.
  • .Some cloth that attaches to the Pyra and covers the user's head to shade sunlight. It might fold around the Pyra when not in use to protect it (absorb impacts a little). It could have pockets for an extra battery, usb cables, charger, and SD cards, in the part that falls behind the user's head when unfolded, so that it has some weight there to stay a little in place, or it could have some elastic band to just place on the head like a visor's elastic band.
  • An armpit/torso holster/sheath for the Pyra, whence you could draw it in an instant an have it in front of your face. Even maybe with a tellescopic arm that attaches to the pyra attachement hole and ensures in case of drop the pyra falls back to the holster.
  • a rigid support to hold both the Pyra and a camera, with a male and female camera mount so that you could put the both of them in a tripod or handle and broadcast, video chat or live edit your recording.

I would like a simple sleeve (to protect from dust) with a magnetic flap to close.
Two reinforced slits on the back to enable attaching to a belt if one wished.

It should be thin, light and flexible.

Undecided whether it should be vertical or horizontal.

As you see on my Pandora you hopefully have on your Fixing Table yet, i ditnt use my Carry Case much, as my Pandora was most time in my Poket..
But a Protektive Case, like the TPU Cases for the Smartphones, which also adds some Gripp and Conforts would be pretty cool..

I would like a simple sleeve (to protect from dust) with a magnetic flap to close.
Two reinforced slits on the back to enable attaching to a belt if one wished.
Be careful with magnets. These clamshell devices like the Pandora and Nintendo DS handhelds use magnets to determine whether the lid is open or not. I noticed this when I put my 3DS on top of my DS lite and whichever one was on top came to life. While the Pyra doesn't have a speaker to provide a magnet in the lid, I think it's going to use a plain magnet instead.

A magnet in the case which maps on to a location tangential to the case's longer edge from a point in the middle shouldn't interfere with this mechanism I'd have thought, but it's worth considering when designing and testing it.

Back