Pyra as a Game Controller, Keyboard and Mouse.

How does one order that now on DragonBox shop?  Is there an option for that?  I couldn't find.
Seems like they are not online yet.

Will have to ask ED about that tomorrow.

It's only Rebirth for now in case you care.

I couldn't get MasterControl to work over Bluetooth with my HTC One M8 (And it pairs with a classic bluetooth keyboard just fine), but I can fiddle with it more later. But I suggested something like an ICP3 using Pandora parts in another thread back when, and I'd totally be willing to shell out up to $150 for a case-with-phone-holder and HID Bluetooth/USB PCB inside either Pandora or Pyra-Based. Pyra based would be even cooler, as one could in theory buy the screen parts and PCB to upgrade to a full Pyra later if you so chose, or just buy a Pyra and use your Pandora/Pyra based ICP3 with the full-blown version!

This would definitely be one project I would totally be onboard with a Kickstarter or something similar from a crew that is known to fully support their customers as ED and Co do!

We're selling Panodras without screens now if anyone wants a cheap TV-out Pandora.

If people like it it's still possible for Pyra as well.
Optionally as well remove the Pyra internals, put a simpler modified board inside and renew the cases to sell a bluetooth/USB connectible keyboard game controller. There's an untapped market for something like this. 

A new board sounds expensive, no matter how (less-) advanced it is...

A new board sounds expensive, no matter how (less-) advanced it is...
I'm thinking a less complex, fewer layers board for the gamepad. 

Less expensive comparably speaking and the advantages are:

• No need to design a new case. Either 3D print some rubber inserts to plug up the port holes or populate the board with inactive USB 2.0's, HDMI, SD dummy ports to keep dust out. 
  • Charge the controller by the micro USB 3.0 port with the same charger the Pyra will have.
  • Power the controller by the same battery as the Pyra. It could also serve as a backup battery charging station for when the Pyra is being handled.
Plus, the four buttons nearest the Power button could act as "Mode" changers for HID, Serial, Mouse, iCade or whatever. 

So eventually Dragonbox could have a line of products in a different price bracket:

1. Pyra 
  2. Pyra without Screen for TV Out computing
  3. PyraPad that doubles as a backup charging station/battery holder

Back