Pyra and Brexit

Just a quick head-up: There's no issue with the Brexit and the Pyra or other shipments from my shop.
For me, it's just like any other country outside the EU. Your Pyra price will be without VAT and you have to pay import VAT to customs instead (usually handled by the courier).
That's it :)
Thank you ED. I had been wondering about this. Hearing all sorts of new barriers due to this stupidity.

Nice. Just make sure the address you give is more likely to be where you live. IIRC when I've ordered things from the US in the past I had to pay extra for the post office to store it, and I dare say that might be the same for other couriers. But I guess if we're still in lockdown it's more likely you'll be in when the courier comes anyway, compared to the old days when you tended to be at work when the delivery came.

Just a quick head-up: There's no issue with the Brexit and the Pyra or other shipments from my shop.
For me, it's just like any other country outside the EU. Your Pyra price will be without VAT and you have to pay import VAT to customs instead (usually handled by the courier).

Does the same apply, regarding VAT, to EEA countries that are (I think) not in the EU customs union, like Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein? Thanks. :)

Unfortunately many of the couriers add a significant extra handling charge........

You have to laugh, really. Everything this government has touched recently has turned into a shitshow, so the only sensible response is to laugh about it until it's time to get angry. And the least said about the DUP the better in my experience at the same time.
What I haven’t completely understood is what would happen if Article 16 was invoked, such that the current trading arrangements between EU, NI and GB were suspended. I presume the replacement arrangements would be a “no deal” scenario?

FedEx usually adds 12.50 EUR or something like that.
That's not really significant ;)
It's actually more significant on cheaper items. It hurts to pay £25 for a thing, then get billed £5 VAT + £12 fees.

I remember back when I purchased my Famicom Version GB Micro. It cost me £35 for the item and an additional £35 in delivery and customs charges. Which didn't annoy me in the slightest. /s

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Well the article says the DUP have to come up with an alternative if they want to invoke article 16. Unless they say the alternative is 'no deal' then I wouldn't expect that.

It's not surprising the DUP are upset by the way. During the May negotiations of which they were part they insisted they didn't want a border down the irish sea, yet that's what seems to have happened now that they aren't needed by the government. But I don't see any other way to do it unless you reinstate border checks along the border between NI and Ireland, which would be almost guaranteed to restart the 'troubles', and nobody wants that.

That article is hard to believe, but anything can happen in this mess I guess?

That 'byline times' claims to report all the news that other publications don't carry, probably because it's hard to prove because it likely isn't true. However, DHL have stopped sending some packages to the UK currently (this took some finding, but it's mentioned here in a report about M&S in NI), so it might be it was just early.

Reactions: rSl
Can this be moved to off topic or something? ED has commented that there's no issue and with Pyras actually arriving I don't think this thread makes sense

This is simply not a discussion about the Pyra. Perhaps the Dragonbox shop section would be a better fit.

LOL you people, as long as there's a thread up people will think there are issues where there's not. Here's a reminder

If people affected by Brexit were having issues with recieving their Pyras/other things from the shop I would want them to get the help they need but as it stands it looks like you want to pass this off as a Pyra related conversation when it's not Spud

Last edited:
this is a "General Discussions" sub forum relating to Pyra . speculating on how Brexit may affect delivery and price of the Pyra seems to be a general discusion.

Its the moderators job to police the validity of threads and posts not ANYONE else except ED that is.....

Back