Ups Customs Handling And Charges

cuetzpalin

Hello,

I guess probably many of the lucky ones that received their pandoras already and chose UPS as shipping method had bought other gadgets or similar stuff and prefered also UPS.

I'm aware that customs vary depending on the country, however, I'd like to know if with the Pandora you had to pay about the same import taxes (%, obviously) than with any other tech gadget, or if it was treated differently by your customs office.

Thanks!

mali said:
You should specify your home country.

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I don't think there's much of a chance that another people living in Mexico did order and is actually in the first lucky hundreds.

I know there're different laws for every country. That's why I'm asking you to compare with other (similar) electronic products. I'm curious if I should expect mexican customs and/or mexican UPS offices to treat it in the same way as a "mainstream" gadget from recognized brands, or if they treat it as something different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used UPS and mine didn't get held in customs that I know of. I didn't have to pay customs anyways, I know that much. I live in Ohio, USA. Open Pandora LTD takes care of all the customs documentation. I don't know how a post office/customs would know the difference between it and a mainstream device short of it not being sony or nintendo. I can't see a reason why they would treat it differently anyways, if they hold it up in customs (apparently completely random in the US) they will make you pay the tax on the declared value of the device (from the documentation) whether its from Sony, Nintendo, Open Pandora LTD, or the tooth fairy.

Which bring the question to mind, has anyone in the US who has received their Pandora had to pay any taxes/fees?

Seeing as how MonkeyChops noted it was a random occurrence, I an curious if anyone has.

Back