Pyra and Brexit

Looks like there might be a Brexit deal after all.

But as I understand it, we are leaving the customs union in any case, so will have to pay VAT at the border instead of paying it to ED.

When ordering a Pyra, what are the shipping options at the moment?

Looks like there might be a Brexit deal after all.

But as I understand it, we are leaving the customs union in any case, so will have to pay VAT at the border instead of paying it to ED.

When ordering a Pyra, what are the shipping options at the moment?
shipping_methods.png

Looks like GLS doesn't operate in the UK. If I'm looking at the right thing, the FedEx fee for paying VAT at the border is "2.5% of advanced Duty/Tax with a minimum of £12 which ever is greater", so don't panic about that I guess.

Reactions: rSl
Looks like GLS doesn't operate in the UK.
The Royal Mail and therefore also Parcelforce are actually subsidiaries of GLS. That doesn't meant that they are cooperating very closely, though, I once tried to send something with a Parcelforce return label, but the GLS guy even refused to at least try to scan it. Kind of defeats the whole "your customers in other countries can just drop their returns at their local post office" claim.

So it sound like ED or more likely perhaps his courier will need to fill out some more paperwork on exporting our Pyras and other bits of electronic tat from his shop from the EU to the UK.

Anyone done a diff of that against the UK one you posted above?
I don’t know - and my phone’s search function doesn’t work for either of those PDFs (?!) - but that’s why I posted them; given how untrustworthy the English dictatorship is, it would hardly be surprising if they had changed a few key words etc.... :oops: :|

Last edited:
Not sure whether this belongs here or in the Absurdism... I hope ED is not legally required to do some archaeology on packages to ship outdated software on the Pyras shipping to UK...
So that Brexit deal plan was made in the 80-ties! /takes-off-tinfoil-hat
Or maybe it was intentional, using old encryption algorithms so the gov could spy on the communications.

GB now will need AOL (Anglicans On Line) CD to get onto the net. Million of phones that do not have a CD player will not be able to get online! Oh, the horror! /funny

Netscape Navigator is 8MB of compressed code. Not sure if it will compile to ARM, quite sure it won't. The successors are: Composer+FireFox+Thunderbird(+calendar plugin). All those should work on Pyra. (not sure about composer though, I only remember windows builds)

Just a quick head-up: There's no issue with the Brexit and the Pyra or other shipments from my shop.
For me, it's just like any other country outside the EU. Your Pyra price will be without VAT and you have to pay import VAT to customs instead (usually handled by the courier).
That's it :)

Back