Pushing Vice To 240?

P-J

Website
www.philunderhill.co.uk
Hi all.

I have one of the mythical units that will only go to about 245MHz or so. Vice will only let me overclock to 250MHz which crashes the unit after a few seconds.

Anyone know any tricks so I could just push it up to 240MHz? Launching it using GMenu with a 240MHz overclock doesn't work, it seems to get cancelled out by Vice changing it back to 200MHz.

Any help much appreciated :)

P-J said:
On this version I find the sound is about half a second out of sync. Does anyone else get that?
what overclock are you using and are you using fake or real sound

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
P-J said:
On this version I find the sound is about half a second out of sync. Does anyone else get that?

Same with any (no) overclock and with either SID emulator :/

Basically I load the emulator, and the sound delay happens on any game or demo before I touch any of the settings. Any ideas?

P-J said:
foleyjo said:
P-J said:

Same with any (no) overclock and with either SID emulator :/

Basically I load the emulator, and the sound delay happens on any game or demo before I touch any of the settings. Any ideas?

I havent noticed the problem. Can you give an example of a game you know for definate has this delay and ill see if it happens with me

foleyjo said:
I havent noticed the problem. Can you give an example of a game you know for definate has this delay and ill see if it happens with me
Any game! :)

But last two I played were Montezuma's Revenge and Paradroid.

+ about 10 others that are all the same problem-wise :)

I reverted to 1.20 and the problem totally disappeared!

Yeah I get it too. I hadnt noticed it before because I usually play games with loads of music on. There appears there no way to get rid of it so lets hope its fixed in the next release

Back