Purchasing A Flu From Lik-sang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeegeit

Still Fresh
hey! :)

Err..since this is my first post; hi I'm zeegeit, i'm new to this board, however i've been following discussions for quite some time.

Allright..i'll get to the point. I've read numerous remarks of people who had bought a BLU unit from Lik-Sang, which seemed to have a malfunction in the LCD. Now, since they are offering the FLU units at a ridiculously low price(same as standard GP32) i'm wondering..are there any reports of FLU units with the same LCD problem? Because if the FLU units don't have any malfunctions, i'd rather perhaps buy one of those..they're cheaper :D Or do you recommend i buy from another distributor ? (i'm in EU)

And..i know there is a difference between BLU and FLU, but is it very noticeable? that is, is the FLU light really worse than that of the BLU?

thanks!

Perhaps you should hold on for a few more days. Lik Sang are aware of the problem and are on the case. When I sent my Blu back to them I also included a CD with all the programs that corrupted my screen, so hopefully they will test them out on other units.

Best drop them an email and actually ask them to test your unit before it goes out. Ask them to try using Frodo (Commodore 64 emulator) on it. Using Frodo always brings up the dreaded bar. If it does work OK then some godo advise is to leave the firmware alone - if it ain't bust then don't try to fix it.

...welcome to the boards by the way!!!! :lol:

zeegeit posted on Dec 10 2004 at 09:27 AM said:
And..i know there is a difference between BLU and FLU, but is it very noticeable? that is, is the FLU light really worse than that of the BLU?

Welcome mate,

do yourself a favour, wait a bit and then buy BLU. The difference is really huge. Front light makes colours washed out, backlight has a great contrast. Search this board I posted pictures of FLU and BLU screen somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
PiNa1971 posted on Dec 10 2004 at 09:56 AM said:
zeegeit posted on Dec 10 2004 at 09:27 AM said:

Welcome mate,

do yourself a favour, wait a bit and then buy BLU. The difference is really huge. Front light makes colours washed out, backlight has a great contrast. Search this board I posted pictures of FLU and BLU screen somewhere.

Everybody keep saying that, but seriously I fail to see that problem. I've been a FLU-owner for qite a while now, and I allthough I've never actually seen a BLU, I just can't see this colour-washing - and even if it IS there, it's hardly a big deal. I don't deny the BLU has a better picture, just that difference is THAT huge.

The prospect of the BLU actually being worse in direct light, has allways put me a bit off it... Not that I would actually spend money on a second device, when the one I have isn't faulty.

The biggest problem with the FLU I guess, would be that dust gets behind the screen. I think this has been adressed in the BLU-models.

Edit: Also, acording to Donjj on this board - the problem with the bad batch at Lik-sang won't go away over time... since it isn't a bad batch at all... Just new hardware :)

Last edited by a moderator:
to answer your question (again, search next time) flu units and nonlit units DONT have this "problem", only blu's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back