Grainy New Flu, Bad Display?

mth411

I just got a new FLU from lik-sang.

I have an old non-flu. Comparing the pictures with the flu disabled, the flu has wavy lines scrolling across the display, making the display appear really grainy. Almost like slow interlace problems, except that they are diagnal bars.

Is this a defective unit, or is it something caused by the flu?

Should I return it?

mth411

I think I would. I have a FLU and used to have a non FLU. There's no noticeable difference between the two with the light off, so it sounds to me like it's something wrong with this unit. Good luck with it.

I just noticed recently how the screen on mine seems to shimmer in certain light conditions, have never noticed this before but it may have always been like it.

It's more noticable on screens with large blocks of colour like the rom selector screen in fgen. Not really sure if this is what you are talking about but I've never seen a non-flu to compare it

It is definitely NOT supposed to look like that.

I have both flu and non-flu and neither do that.

And I've had 3 Gp32 flus and none did what you're describing.

Send it back.

I just remembered that I tried using an unregulated ac adapter ages ago and it made the screen really wavy, horribly so. Anyway, if it is a power issue you could try using different batteries to see if it has an effect, I don't know much about electrical stuff but it's possible the flu takes more power even with the light off... (probably not but just a thought)

I used to have a non-FLU and it had the vertical scanline problem like that, it's just how the screen is, it's 90 degree angle from a normal tv so the scanlines become a little more apparent.

Nevermind, didn't notice that you said diagonal bars ;( sorry to hear of your troubles I'm not sure about that, though.

Back