Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

Hi @ptitSeb :)
Added Postal. It should work with Steam and GoG data, but I haven't tested much (and I don't have GoG data to test).
Once loaded, go to Option screen to change the controls (controls are inside the INI that has to be copied, so I cannot have pre-configured one).
For now, I haven't configured nubs, so for now, it's only DPad and ABXY (but that works nicely).
I'm scp'ing my GOG data files to the Pandora ! Btw, there is no "title" folder in the GOG version, I hope that's not too important...
I'll keep you posted ASAP !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Mmm, now, maybe FLAC are not supported by codec pack / ffmpeg /gstreamer in the firmware. Or some "opkg" command is needed. I haven't any flac to test.
Maybe (surely) @notaz knows status of FLAC playing using gstreamer on the firmware.
"ffmpeg -codecs" claims to support flac and mplayer plays samples from https://samples.ffmpeg.org/flac/ fine.
However "gst-launch playbin uri=file:///path/to/flac" prints out some obscure error. Hell it doesn't even play MP3s or WAVs so I don't really know what to do with it.

oh, no title? Well, the runscript will not run without it (I check the presence of title/logo2.bmp). Let me check in the source how it's supposed to work in the old version.
[doublepost=1464555961,1464555867][/doublepost]
"ffmpeg -codecs" claims to support flac and mplayer plays samples from https://samples.ffmpeg.org/flac/ fine.
However "gst-launch playbin uri=file:///path/to/flac" prints out some obscure error. Hell it doesn't even play MP3s or WAVs so I don't really know what to do with it.
Thanks for have taking a look at it. I'll try some experiment on my side too.

I just did an "upgrade pandora OS" and rebooted (without launching anything else that might be using audio)
I found an mp3 - and it does work!
However, I have hundreds of flac files - which apparently don't (much the same pndout as before)

Hmm, I'd been using deadbeef the first time I tried it, then rebooted and tried again when it failed. I'm on the latest ish notaz OS build including the 5V fix (but not the latest Off state one yet). But as previously stated, I don't have the codec pack installed - should I install that before expecting this to work?

It'll take me a day or so to reboot again, as I'm in the middle of a long podcast at the moment.

@Magic Sam : I changed how test the presence of the data, and don't test title/logo2.bmp anymore. It should start for you now (and it's uploaded, so you have to re-download the PND).

Fresh beta of Postal. You will need the data file from the original to play this one. Steam version works (I have that), and GoG version should work, but I have tested (and the version is a bit different).
download: PND.

Hit @ptitSeb , I just bought this game to try out on my Pandora but it doesn't run. With 4.10 I get a message that it cant find the renderer and with 4.03 I just get a black screen. Which SGX driver do you use? Could you share your INI file also?

Hit @ptitSeb , I just bought this game to try out on my Pandora but it doesn't run. With 4.10 I get a message that it cant find the renderer and with 4.03 I just get a black screen. Which SGX driver do you use? Could you share your INI file also?
Almost the same issue on my end (Rebirth Pandora, SGX driver 4.10) :(
The PND starts, but only to show a black screen. I had to kill the application with the Pandora button.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Ok, fixed it, plus another bug in the startup script.

There is still a issue with the Windows data when ran on a Linux Ext partition, where the ini file mentionned in the main ini as not the same case as the real file. I'll find a way to fix that later (but it's way too late for tonight for me).

I tested on my CC with default driver, it seems to works (at least it start).

The game is also a bit dark to my taste, so I'll probably add some LIBGL_GAMMA in the start script too (gamma is not ajustable in game).

It works! Thanks :) Though it could indeed use some extra brightness/contrast, the small detailed gfx really make the Pandora screen shine at it's best.
So far it worked great for me but I find it a pretty tough game so I haven't seen anything beyond one minute in :D
Awesome addition for the repo I'd say!

There is still a issue with the Windows data when ran on a Linux Ext partition, where the ini file mentionned in the main ini as not the same case as the real file. I'll find a way to fix that later (but it's way too late for tonight for me).
I confirm Windows data + Linux Ext partition doesn't work :p

Cheers, Magic Sam

I confirm Windows data + Linux Ext partition doesn't work :p

Cheers, Magic Sam
While I fix that, you can easily fix it manually yourself. Edit appdata/postal/PostalPlus/POSTAL.INI and look for the ".ini" file that is referenced (the one is res/levels) and adapt the case according to the real file on your filesystem, and that should do the trick.

@ptitSeb : Changing the case of the file "postal plus realms.ini" was not enough. The application still complains about the paths being wrong, which is understandable:
[Paths]
CD=C:\GOG Games\Postal Classic and Uncut\
HD=C:\GOG Games\Postal Classic and Uncut\
VD=C:\GOG Games\Postal Classic and Uncut\
Sound=C:\GOG Games\Postal Classic and Uncut\
Game=C:\GOG Games\Postal Classic and Uncut\
Hoods=C:\GOG Games\Postal Classic and Uncut\
I tried to set these paths to different values (".", "res", "/mnt/utmp/postal", etc...), but to no avail.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : Changing the case of the file "postal plus realms.ini" was not enough. The application still complains about the paths being wrong, which is understandable:

I tried to set these paths to different values (".", "res", "/mnt/utmp/postal", etc...), but to no avail.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
I ignore thoses settings to hardcode them to ".", so it should not be the issue.

The issue is probably something else.

Can you try this:
remove the PortalPlus folder
alter the Portal Plus.ini file to correct the case
try again...

Hi all,

@ptitSeb : I'm sorry, but it still doesn't work :(

- I removed the PostalPlus directory in appdata/postal
- The POSTAL.INI file in appdata/postal doesn't need to be altered, the case is correct ("File=/res/levels/postal plus realms.ini").
- I re-launched the application: it still complained about the paths (CD, HD, VD, Sound, Game and Hoods).

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all,

@ptitSeb : I'm sorry, but it still doesn't work :(

- I removed the PostalPlus directory in appdata/postal
- The POSTAL.INI file in appdata/postal doesn't need to be altered, the case is correct ("File=/res/levels/postal plus realms.ini").
- I re-launched the application: it still complained about the paths (CD, HD, VD, Sound, Game and Hoods).

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Ok, I'll recheck the code. Maybe I haven't forced the path at the right place.
[doublepost=1464729007,1464720809][/doublepost]So, I added back Beret, with the DSP version. Note that on Gigahertz it will run the DSP version without any forced frameskiping, and on CC & Rebirth, there will be 1 forced frameskip (so 30fps as objective). I updated the sources in the PND. Thanks again to @M-HT for his very nice work on the DSP (and GL) version of this game!

Also, I updated Postal with a new try to automaticaly fix all thoses folders issue, if you can test it @Magic Sam .

I tried out Beret on my 1GHz machine. Looking in the pndrun.out file it identifies DSP=1, then some lines later it says DSP is up and running, so I think that counts as a DSP test. Tried out a couple of levels, and it ran fine. It seemed slightly easier than before, but maybe I'm just getting used to it.

I've not yet been able to kill anything by smashing it in to anything, or anything in to it - all my kills have been drops so far. But I've found you can drop one enemy on another, killing them both and clearing up in half the time!

I uploaded a new pnd for Postal, hopping to fix the GoG data issue.

@levi, thanks for testing (you can have fps on screen if you launch LiveSystem Info). The nubs seems a bit slow to crush ennemy against wall (it works with a real mouse, but you need to move pretty fast). It should works with touchescreen also, but I don't find this very pratical (plus, my touchscreen is not working well).

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : I gave your new Postal PND a go yesterday night, and I'm sorry to report it's still not working (same paths issues)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Added a new build of Mupen64plus. The Core has been updated with sources from the libretro latest version. It features some bugfixes to the dynarec,so Bomberman64 do runs for example. I also updated GLideN64, but it's still way to slow to be usable on the Pandora. I plan to update more plugin later.

I haven't forgotten about Postal or Reicast, I hope to update them the coming week.

Back