Psx4wiz Test Version

Thanks Mega5657 for testing these games for me, any chance you could test VPool and VPool3 as well? If they did work I'd be happy to delete some stuff off my SD to fit them on, but I'd rather not delete a lot of data from it unless it really is worth it. Virtual pool is an amazing game.

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee works perfectly. Seems a fix was included for this game. Has anyone else come across any other fixed games, or was this the only one?

Oops, I'm using psx4all.....sorry!

Jan-Nik said:
Orion4874 said:
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee works perfectly.
Perfectly? Does this mean with a good speed/FPS?

Yeah, with sound it's about 25/fps but without sound it's about 50/fps. Cut scenes are a little less. In Graphics Options there's an option for Abe's Oddysee Fix. But like I said this is in psx4all not psx4wiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
TitanUranus said:
Thanks Mega5657 for testing these games for me, any chance you could test VPool and VPool3 as well? If they did work I'd be happy to delete some stuff off my SD to fit them on, but I'd rather not delete a lot of data from it unless it really is worth it. Virtual pool is an amazing game.
Sorry I didn't get to test gta yet. I was busier then I expected. I could probably test vpool by tommorow. I shoukd get results for GTA 1 by tomorrow too.
EDIT: BTW I'm using psx4all

Take your time, I busted one of my thumbs and it's too painful to play any games at the moment :(

Someone over at Dingoonity posted that they are getting better game performance by converting the original roms with Ultraiso to the .ccd/img format. He is using PSX4all but it still may work on PSX4wiz. Someone want to give it a try? I would, but I don't use my Wiz for PSX emulation anymore.

Orion4874 said:
Someone over at Dingoonity posted that they are getting better game performance by converting the original roms with Ultraiso to the .ccd/img format. He is using PSX4all but it still may work on PSX4wiz. Someone want to give it a try? I would, but I don't use my Wiz for PSX emulation anymore.

Guess I'll do it since I still have to test gta and v pool

I tried it with crash bash, got framrate up pretty high, quite playable, need to test with some more games.

Grand Theft Auto U ntsc dosent work. Plus I tried the the convert thing with megaman x4. Didn't work. gonna Test v pool

EDIT: By didn't work i meant the perfomance was the same

Mega5657 said:
Grand Theft Auto U ntsc dosent work. Plus I tried the the convert thing with megaman x4. Didn't work. gonna Test v pool

EDIT: By didn't work i meant the perfomance was the same

Anyone tried FFVII yet?

I just got my wiz and tried a couple of games

Is there going to be an update for this or psx4all
Some games played at decent speed such as digimon world 2 and 3 and pepsiman with psx4all, but seems slower with psx4wiz..

I really hope the psx emulator can be updated to the point that all games can be played at full speed...

Does anyone know if the development on PSX4Pandora will trickle down to PSX4Wiz? I know that they're using slightly different architectures, but hopefully some of Zod's coding work on the Pandora version will help improve the Wiz version to make it nearly/fully playable.

I know the Wiz can do fullspeed PSX, the emu just needs some lovin...

Illuminerdi said:
Does anyone know if the development on PSX4Pandora will trickle down to PSX4Wiz?

the only one who knows is zodttd. already asked?

i always hoped that this will happen. i still have my crash bandicoot cds lying around and they need to be played again :)

I hope that now when the Pandora is finished, Zod releases the source code of PSX4ALL 1.0 wiz version.

Hardyx: I plan on it. If not for some reason, I'll make sure it gets to someone who can do it. :D

zodttd said:
Hardyx: I plan on it. If not for some reason, I'll make sure it gets to someone who can do it. :D
That is awesome!

Back