Psx4Pandora

sebt3 said:
@WizardStan : Tinnus lost his work with an hard-drive failure....

Tinnus never had a Pandora board or any other OMAP3 platform and only did work on a PC.

Possible explanations; any or none of these could be true:

- It was running at 850MHz, not 500MHz
- Something in the methodology changed, like using X11 instead of framebuffer (just possible examples, not saying it's using X11 now although I know it used fb then)
- They were running different games.. not all emulated games have the same performance requirements, you know? The gaps can be severe. Ridge Racer is not really known to be a light game.
- They were running with different settings. psx4all lets you hack up the timing ratios to hell and back, dramatically changing the performance requirements (if the game still works afterwards)

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
Have a look to the PSX thread in the beta test sub-forum : Zod posted instruction there.

Thanks!

Wow, I'm impressed. Will somebody test FFVIII for me? Thanks.

Alerino said:
MOAR VIDEOOOOOOOOOS!!!! :angry: :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: :D

Shame there's no video capture program, but I guess even if there was, it would affect performance?

Kicker said:
Alerino said:
MOAR VIDEOOOOOOOOOS!!!! :angry: :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: :D

Shame there's no video capture program, but I guess even if there was, it would affect performance?

Thats when the tv cables come in

neogramps said:
Wow, I'm impressed. Will somebody test FFVIII for me? Thanks.

Runs well @750 (not tried slower, i just started there) - have to disable sound, or else it glitches just like FF7

Thanks! How about Spyro if you have the time?

This is going to be an excellent emu once it's fully optimized. I've ran several games so far, and alundra(a zelda clone) runs the best I've seen at default.

Thanks Zod, this is really nice, but it needs many improvements to bring it to the proper level, but it should come with time.

Chris

Well im impressed I went to play Spyro and realised i left the IMG on my n900 , plugged it into the back to copy over and then thought, i wonder if i can play straight from n900 and it did, around 30fps, battered my battery as it tried to charge my phone but useful until I buy a decent sized SD

Back