Psx4pandora Eboots

jakshep2

Website
Visit site
apparently, PSX4Pandora is meant to be supporting eboots, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Will you be able tomake customisable backgrounds and background music like the ones for PSP?
2. or will it only be selectable in the file menu on the emu?

thanks.

they talked about it, but said they didn't want to support the video codec that the psp eboots use, i think it's the same for the audio. They said just an animated .gif or so could work, with, i don't know, maybe a .wav file? some one please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure .wav was the audio the wanted to use.

they also said they would make a program to make eboots specifically for psx4pandora (e.g. no video or audio, just an animated .gif and .wav file)

Sure the eboot menu extras(and CDDA music playback mentioned in the other thread) would be great, but remember this isn't easy like baking a cake so the icing WILL come later. :p

I personally asked about gameshark codes being used, and Tinnus said it was possible, and also about zipped isos which he said was impossible, but all in all i'd be happy with just a high compatibility, full speed Playstation emulator with Pandora ship day in November.

Everything else is just gravy and will be ladled to our plates in time. -_-

Just zipped images can't work because the ZIP format requires "the entire" contents to be uncompressed to read any part of it. Only way to support it would be to uncompress to the card before starting, but that could be potentially very slow, heh. Instead there are several formats available that do compression like .Z, .ZNX and PSP eboot.

About the fancy BGs, music and videos, no, they won't be supported because it's likely too much work and I don't even know if there are free decoders for the formats. Most that could be included later is support for the BGs because they are just PNG files.

Back