Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Okay... I got pcsxrall setup and running with my gamesaves but how do I go about the swap disc process?

I can't seem to figure out how to exit the emulator.

I try L+R+Select and it quits the emulator back to ginge

I try L+R+Start and that changes the fps display on or off (though the help file says it should be select that does this???)

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

For some reason, currently in GINGE the Pandora's Start is mapped to the Wiz's Select (and, vice-versa, Select is mapped to Start). That's about all I can help with.

I just used pcsx-reloaded for the mac and transferred the memcards... worked like a charm ;)

I've also figured out how to do the mac storage sd on pandora thingy...

Prometheus said:
PCSX4all (for the Wiz) is linked to in notaz's post about GINGE in the News Zone section. ;)

So....is PCSX4all is faster than PSX4PANDORA? I think I somehow missed this...even though I keep up with the boards a few times a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
mrdremel said:
Prometheus said:
PCSX4all (for the Wiz) is linked to in notaz's post about GINGE in the News Zone section. ;)

So....is PCSX4all is faster than PSX4PANDORA? I think I somehow missed this...even though I keep up with the boards a few times a day.
Yes, it is, the wiz emulator is better than the pandora one. It´s hard to believe but it´s true.

Didn't seem faster to me. But it did play the lunar cutscenes correctly. But since this is the only pax I'm playing at the moment I could be wrong. Maybe pcsx4all is better with the 3d games?

PCSX4ALL runs slower on the WIZ for most games than PSX4PANDORA runs on the Pandora.
Using Ginge and the same clockrate on the Pandora, PCSX4ALL is definately faster than PSX4PANDORA though.

Some games like FF7 run the same speed on WIZ with PCSX4ALL than they run on the Pandora with PSX4PANDORA.

So all in all, PCSX4ALL seems to be more optimized. Some games (like Chrono Cross) don't run though.

Muppet RaceMania runs fullspeed with 750MHz on PCSX4ALL using Ginge and on PSX4PANDORA it still needs frameskip.

A native PCSX4ALL including 3D hardware accelleration would probably run every compatible game without frameskip on the Pandora :)
Nice things to come :)

EvilDragon said:
A native PCSX4ALL including 3D hardware accelleration would probably run every compatible game without frameskip on the Pandora :)
Nice things to come :)

I wonder if GL ES1 will work in Wiz GINGE. If they end up hitting the 3D hardware directly (not that I think they would, but it'd be neat and could have a few big advantages) then it'd be off the table, of course.

OKay I'm gonna try pcsx4all again... is there anything specifically I need to set in the emulator? Or do I just set the pandora clockspeed up to 800 as usual?

I messed with it a bit and had to set the BIAS to 2 to get audio to play in lunar... it seemed to be fast but the audio wasn't ideal... I couldn't get crash bandicoot 2 to boot first try...

Honestly I still like this emu better...

How's the sound emulation on these emulators? Do both sound ok, or is there a difference?

TitanUranus said:
How's the sound emulation on these emulators? Do both sound ok, or is there a difference?

Sound is better on psx4pandora than pcsx4all through ginge.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
TitanUranus said:

-God Ginrai

Thanks. I really want to play GTA and Medal Of Honor, but I'm saving the experinece for when I get my Pandora. Hopefully there'll be a few enhancements/refinements by the time it arrives. I know it's a big ask, but could someone check if "PGA 96" or "PGA 98" works at all? 96 would be less likely since it wont work on my PC, but 98 is good too - all the Tiger Woods ones stink.

Actually I was looking at a DOS game called "Jack Nicklaus Presents 18 Great Holes" and thought to myself I'd love to see a modern remake with Tiger Woods, but it'd be a very different kind of game.

TitanUranus said:
God Ginrai said:
TitanUranus said:

-God Ginrai

Thanks. I really want to play GTA and Medal Of Honor, but I'm saving the experinece for when I get my Pandora. Hopefully there'll be a few enhancements/refinements by the time it arrives. I know it's a big ask, but could someone check if "PGA 96" or "PGA 98" works at all? 96 would be less likely since it wont work on my PC, but 98 is good too - all the Tiger Woods ones stink.

Actually I was looking at a DOS game called "Jack Nicklaus Presents 18 Great Holes" and thought to myself I'd love to see a modern remake with Tiger Woods, but it'd be a very different kind of game.

I'm hoping they finish sorting out OpenMoHAA and someone ports that over :)

HackModford said:
I just finished Lunar on this emulator the other day...

Thank You Zod!

How did you manage to swap discs?

I used this emulator on my mac

http://speedofmac.com/pcsx.html

I then had to take the memory card files off the pandora and use them with this emulator... just went passed the cutscene... saved my game. replaced the memcard file back onto pandora... and kept going!

I"m now going to give Lunar 2 a shot.

Edit: It's funny but Lunar 2 runs alot better than Lunar 1

I think this emu has become pretty stagnant.

I am prepared to drop some coin on this towards development.

Is anyone still working on this?

A Pandora optimised port for PCSX4all may come at some point, pure speculation. I believe there's been talk of greater compatibility with that emulator.

On the psx4pandora side, Tinnus said he's looking into hardware acceleration, he has a donation link in his signature.

I do agree with you, progress is slower than I'd like, but I'm just a talentless end user without a Pandora, I can't even test anything :(

Dead1nside said:
A Pandora optimised port for PCSX4all may come at some point, pure speculation. I believe there's been talk of greater compatibility with that emulator.

On the psx4pandora side, Tinnus said he's looking into hardware acceleration, he has a donation link in his signature.

I do agree with you, progress is slower than I'd like, but I'm just a talentless end user without a Pandora, I can't even test anything :(

Me too buddy :D , although I have a Pandora (sorry if that sounds like I'm rubbing it in... ;) )

I know there are few devs around ATM and the ones we do have are doing an excellent job but are spread very very thinly. Its just a little frustrating cos the emu seems so close to being really good but there isnt anyone who can spare anytime to fix it.

I will happily drop $30+ towards this, or PCSX4all for that matter (I have already donated to Tinnus), I'm sure others will be happy to offer too.

My experience with Zodttd has been that he moves from project to project (I would probably do the same if I was a experienced programmer)

So once this emulator captures his interest again we'll see some major updates...

Back