Psx4gp2x Public Beta 2 Released.

nik166 posted on Jul 16 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
Wolfsclaw posted on Jul 16 2006 at 02:03 PM said:
Phew has anyone gotten Crash Team Racing (.img.znx) to work? Only blackscreen for me :/ Plus Ridge Racer Type 4 (PAL & .bin file) only shows me the first screen (namco) and then crashes. However, Wipeout rulez :) And FF7 is now graphically perfect, just too slow in battles (still played already 3:30 hours heh)

my ridge type 4 works, slowly, and tracks are invisible in the menus, and cars are hard to choose, but it works ;)
even the video intro works ;)
(but about 5FPS ingame at 275mhz :p )

BUT yes it takes a little time between the namco logo and the video, have you waited enough ?

i'll have to try wipeout too :D

Yep, it just rebooted. Ah well, maybe it was because i was trying to play it over USB/telnet (the bin was actually stored on PC) :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Vollgasasi posted on Jul 17 2006 at 04:44 AM said:
i think foton should only donate when he is satisfied with the product. i will also donate when i'm ready to use the emu, so i need sound and a good framerate at fs1. when that is done, i will donate.
una-i and zodttd it's really great news how this emu is coming along. you guys are really great. rock on

:huh:

sound? fs1? :lol:

donate to show your appreciation. I don't know if you realize what your asking for btw

at the psx4gp2x team- this is truly fantastic work. it seems you will indeed prove naysayers like myself wrong by achieving playable psx on this silly Korean handheld. damn- I hope you do it; it'll give me an excuse to finally upgrade from my beloved gp32_console . Good luck, and thank you for such dedication!

hey i'm donating when i think this product satisfies me ... i never buy stuff i don't like right? so why should i donate when i have no joy from this emulator so far?

if i can have the final fantasy psx trilogie at fs1 with sound i will donate otherwise i wont. it's my choice right?

Knoxximus posted on Jul 17 2006 at 04:48 AM said:
w00t w00t!! :D

That's what I like to hear! Get 'em, General (Zod)ttd and crew!! HUZZAH!! :lol:

....I can't believ3 you made a dynarec and it's working....but you DID IT!! The PSP is gonna be lookin' Shyt-TEE very shortly.

yea, i maybe wrong, but i think sony knows how to emulate psx better than anyone, ill be using my psp for ps1 emulation for 3d games, gp2x is more for simple quick play games in 2d

You can be wrong. They might know how to emulate the PS1 well in a PSP CPU... but we are ARM freaks :p

xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 17 2006 at 06:26 PM said:

....I can't believ3 you made a dynarec and it's working....but you DID IT!! The PSP is gonna be lookin' Shyt-TEE very shortly.

yea, i maybe wrong, but i think sony knows how to emulate psx better than anyone, ill be using my psp for ps1 emulation for 3d games, gp2x is more for simple quick play games in 2d

Sony knows how to use a psp, a good emulation is psx4gp2x. ;)
Not only the playing is the fun, to see what´s happen is important! on a pentium4 or an athlon64 a psx-emulation runs smooth and looks (because 3d acceleration) nice, but this is a surprise for nobody! :p
if someone make it run on a game&watch would surprise the world (particularly sony :D ).
This projekt astonishing a lot of people, which don´t belive in the capability of our handheld (a arm-cpu without 3d-hardware). A sony-emulation (based on powerful hardware) achieve never ever this effect.

-> This emulator will run all games at decent speed ... sometime! (Am I right Zodttd?) :D

Seeing as you're not a programmer your word means nothing to me. I'm sure even Zottd knows that it will be almost impossible to run all 7,000+ psx games, talking like that is crazy.

xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 17 2006 at 05:26 PM said:
Good for you! :rolleyes:
You may well be proven right once Sony get their act together...

xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
Seeing as you're not a programmer your word means nothing to me. I'm sure even Zottd knows that it will be almost impossible to run all 7,000+ psx games, talking like that is crazy.

maybe, but i think it is a waste to use this emulator only for 2d-games!
(for me is whipeout playable!) ;)

BtW: optimism is never the wrong attitude

EDIT: an emulator emulates 1 machine, not 7,000+ games!!!

And decent speed and full speed don't mean the same thing B) , anyone can play a game that works slow or slightly slower than the original, dynamic frameskips, dynamic recompiling, cache systems, and other weirdness can help obtain a sensation of full speed even if it is non-existant... I am optimistic over this particular emu too :lol: .

Whatever the final outcome is, it has been a worthwhile demonstration of what can be done on a GP2X ( PSX Emulation-wise ) :) .

xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 17 2006 at 09:26 AM said:

What I meant was that the GP2X will be emulating PS1 titles WAAAAAY before Sony's own machine can (read: GP2X owners playing PS titles before PSP owners can)....that distinct possiblity kinda tickles me, is all.

Nr.56 posted on Jul 17 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
-> This emulator will run all games at decent speed ... sometime! (Am I right Zodttd?) :D

Nr.56 posted on Jul 17 2006 at 05:35 PM said:
xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:27 PM said:

maybe, but i think it is a waste to use this emulator only for 2d-games!
(for me is whipeout playable!) ;)

BtW: optimism is never the wrong attitude

EDIT: an emulator emulates 1 machine, not 7,000+ games!!!

You're even more foolish, you're the one who said it will run all psx games

X-Code posted on Jul 17 2006 at 05:42 PM said:
And decent speed and full speed don't mean the same thing B) , anyone can play a game that works slow or slightly slower than the original, dynamic frameskips, dynamic recompiling, cache systems, and other weirdness can help obtain a sensation of full speed even if it is non-existant... I am optimistic over this particular emu too :lol: .

Whatever the final outcome is, it has been a worthwhile demonstration of what can be done on a GP2X ( PSX Emulation-wise ) :) .

i know they don't mean the same thing but saying all games is foolish. Even all megadrive games don't work on DrMD, an otherwise flawless emulator. Snes has many compatibility issues too. Neither of these systems have touched the 2,000 mark when it comes to number of games so if they can't run all games at decent speeds what makes you think a psx emu can

Back