Psx4gp2x Help

myshadow

Still Fresh
this is the first time i have tried to get this emu to work and it seems to be relatively simple (no luck though). heres what ibe done so far, downloaded psx4gp2x, unzipped it onto sd card, downloaded scph1001.zip bios put it in the psx4gp2x file, downloaded magicISO put ps1 disk in disk drive opened magicISO made iso from cd/dvdrom, placed iso in games_psx file on sd card.
okay so i think thats accurate as to what i did, heres what happened. the first time i tried to use the emu i loaded psx4all.gpe, pressed start to set overclock and continue, selected "load game[state] options, selected "load selected game", selected "games_psx", selected ".iso", pressed start for "are you sure you want to select". the first time i did this i got a black screen with "loading game" in white text and then "load ok" underneath and it just stayed there. next time i tried i only got the "loading game" text not the "load ok" text.

anyone have any advice for me? im pretty much retarded when it comes to computers.

thanks in advance

-me-

It would help if you said what the game was as it might be one that doesnt work yet

foleyjo said:
It would help if you said what the game was as it might be one that doesnt work yet

i tried tekken3 and secret of mana. i also tried converting alundra to .bin but my batteries died before i could put it on my sd card

Last edited by a moderator:
myshadow said:
foleyjo said:

i tried tekken3 and secret of mana. i also tried converting alundra to .bin but my batteries died before i could put it on my sd card

Get a card reader, You'll save yourself a lot in battery power, And transfers to the SD card are a lot quicker too.

Trooper

The same thing happens to me. I tried magic iso and it didn't work. It was an ff3. The iso didn't load, I tried Using a bin file but no success.

ff3 on ps1 ???

maybe you mean ff9 ?

remember all games are not supported, and my guess is that full compability is not achievable (just look at the PC psx emulators they are not 100% compatible)

I couldn't get Tekken3 (pal) to run in previous versions either: It's probably still not supported.

Also, some games won't work if you've run them through PocketIso (though only a minority). For example the PAL version of C&C Red Alert only works if it's the raw Bin file (i.e. not compressed).

Lobo said:
I couldn't get Tekken3 (pal) to run in previous versions either: It's probably still not supported.

Also, some games won't work if you've run them through PocketIso (though only a minority). For example the PAL version of C&C Red Alert only works if it's the raw Bin file (i.e. not compressed).

Sorry, I meant ff6.

aha the Fantasy Anthology. thats like pandoras box (some game aspects is emulated on psx) gp2x emulating psx game that emulates snes chips.

Back