Psx Emulator For The Wiz?

Ok so how about that psx emulator? <_< So has anyone with a prototype actually try it? I believe there was a dl of it on gp32spain. I'm curious how well this will run before optimization is done for the Wiz. Any back on topic discussion is greatly appreciated.

geise69 said:
Ok so how about that psx emulator? <_< So has anyone with a prototype actually try it? I believe there was a dl of it on gp32spain. I'm curious how well this will run before optimization is done for the Wiz. Any back on topic discussion is greatly appreciated.
We tried it, but it only shows the menu at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R said:
I just hate it when people say that emulators are the only things that sell these systems. I've barely used emulators (except megadrive really) on my GP32 and GP2x personally.
it's a matter of tastes, but the vast mayority of people around here uses almost only emulators and bought the consoles for that specific scope. It's not the only thing that sells the system but it's indeed the biggest one. Homebrew fans are not so much compared to retrogamers, maybe it's something like 1 to 100...

anyway more than "homebrew" i would call this scene "indie", just like the indie games scene on consoles and pc. I consider myself an indie developer too :)

so there's only a totally non working psx emu around?

But what with USB-Craddle?
If i connect GP2X Wiz to my TV does GP2X can have bigger resolution than normal resolution of OLED.
Controlers.. If i have a cradle,tv why not to use USB controlers?
Have someone tested it? I watched many movies @ youtube with GP2X and PSX game. Can some test the Diablo 1 speed (it is playable)?
Because if i had to buy (oh Sure i will) GP2X. It will be connected to my TV (LCD) as a portable Movie Player and console to play with my frends.
And if i connect 2 controles to cradle. It is posible to play with my frend sitting next to me?

Best Regards!

Leonar

Leonar said:
But what with USB-Craddle?
If i connect GP2X Wiz to my TV does GP2X can have bigger resolution than normal resolution of OLED.
Controlers.. If i have a cradle,tv why not to use USB controlers?
Have someone tested it? I watched many movies @ youtube with GP2X and PSX game. Can some test the Diablo 1 speed (it is playable)?
Because if i had to buy (oh Sure i will) GP2X. It will be connected to my TV (LCD) as a portable Movie Player and console to play with my frends.
And if i connect 2 controles to cradle. It is posible to play with my frend sitting next to me?

Best Regards!

Leonar
Currently the Wiz does not support TV out.

Leonar said:
Not at all? Does Wiz have Cradle?
Well looking at the spec sheet for the 24 pin output there's no video out signals and I don't think it was ever GPH's intention to have a TV out on the Wiz. I may be wrong but currently there is no cradle in the pipeline.

The Wiz is purely a handheld device, I am guessing that's why it's so small.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Well looking at the spec sheet for the 24 pin output there's no video out signals and I don't think it was ever GPH's intention to have a TV out on the Wiz. I may be wrong but currently there is no cradle in the pipeline.

The Wiz is purely a handheld device, I am guessing that's why it's so small.
Strange that the BoBs some developers received have a composite output then? There *should* be TV output on EXT, but no software to use it.

I may be insane, but I swore a friend told me he bought a Wiz TV-out cable from PlayAsia. Is the final version of the Wiz going to support TV-out, or is it just an absent feature? Doesn't make sense that they'd put it in the GP2x and not the Wiz... :huh:

The TV-out should still be on the EXT connector, even if it isn't documented. GPH couldn't get the feature to work correctly, so they decided not to support it. EvilDragon's original quote on the matter is here.

Wow I came into this conversation late. I would of liked to develop for The Wiz but im stretched way too thin at the moment when it comes to free time. :(

"Hardyx, a Spanish dev, is already trying to port PSX4ALL to the Wiz:"

EEP! That code he's probably porting is not only a mess, it's probably very old and dated. I could use help improving the code I have now though...He should really message me or write me an email at zodttd@zodttd.com (no worry of spam by listing my email here)

Hi zodttd, I'm pleased to see you. The emulator that I'm trying to port to Wiz is based in the psx4all source code (may 13th) that you published here. But this is only a test to see the power of the Wiz and the programming in the new console. I was thinking that you are working in Pandora and decided to make this to see how will work in Wiz. Now it's a bit stopped because I don't have a Wiz and is difficult to test and debug, aided with some developers with the prototype.

My goal was compile the code and test it in gp2x and Wiz. My compilation works ok in gp2x but not works in Wiz yet. I realize that Wiz don't use the same memory addresses and I have created a new wiz_sdl class. I can send you the code if you want, but is not complete yet. I'm not an expert in psx emulation and this is only a programming test.

Update: It works now in Wiz, but it has little problems with controls.

P.S. There is a video from GPH with a Wiz with video output.

Back