Psu Power

CyberAxe

anyone know where to get info on powering the gp2x via a pc PSU and is it possible to do it by hooking up the psu to the power adpater port? since i have a wire with the correct adapter end on it which i could wire upto it

Iorgy77 posted on Feb 25 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
WTF??

Why not just hook it up to a car battery?

cos i dont have a car dont want to leave my bedroom and everyone keeps going on about powering it by PSU

Last edited by a moderator:
CyberAxe posted on Feb 25 2006 at 01:01 PM said:
WTF??

cos i dont have a car dont want to leave my bedroom and everyone keeps going on about powering it by PSU
batteries are fine

aapje89 posted on Feb 25 2006 at 12:11 PM said:
WTF??

batteries are fine

not when you want to completly reflash the firmware

CyberAxe posted on Feb 25 2006 at 01:21 PM said:
WTF??

batteries are fine

i did it with my gp32 multiple times without psu :p.

btw. dont you have one of those variable psu's?

aapje89 posted on Feb 25 2006 at 12:33 PM said:
WTF??

batteries are fine

i did it with my gp32 multiple times without psu :p.

btw. dont you have one of those variable psu's?

never knew there were variable ones

You can certainly power your GP2X from your PC's PSU, but expect the GP2X to get very hot and see a lot of smoke.

Or, you can go down to your local store and buy a 3V adaptor.

doesnt really matter anymore i flashed the firmware with fully charged batteries but still bricked

Newer ATX power supplies should have a 3.3 V line coming out of it somewhere. I think it's the green wire. If the power supply is not connected to a computer, find a guide to powering it up (connecting the power-on wire to ground and putting a load across one of the lines). If you have a proper connector, solder it on to the 3.3v line, plug it in to your baby and pray you haven't screwed up somewhere. There's no reason that shouldn't work, but in all honesty, just get a damn wallwart you lazy bum.

CyberAxe posted on Feb 25 2006 at 04:35 PM said:
doesnt really matter anymore i flashed the firmware with fully charged batteries but still bricked

thats only the kernel

WTF??

You are an idiot. Things other than PC's have PSU's. For eample an xbox 360. Anyway they mean a PSU as in a adaptor that oges in your wall adn downsteps the voltage and current to the requiered amount for your gp2x.

WTF??

batteries are fine

Yes they are you idiot. Im sorry I act stupid sometimes but you make me look like einstein. Good thing im usually just acting.

ninjak posted on Feb 25 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
Newer ATX power supplies should have a 3.3 V line coming out of it somewhere. I think it's the green wire. If the power supply is not connected to a computer, find a guide to powering it up (connecting the power-on wire to ground and putting a load across one of the lines). If you have a proper connector, solder it on to the 3.3v line, plug it in to your baby and pray you haven't screwed up somewhere. There's no reason that shouldn't work, but in all honesty, just get a damn wallwart you lazy bum.

PC power supplies are normally quite unstable without a load too, as they kinda expect things like harddrives to be hanging off them.

Squidge posted on Feb 25 2006 at 11:27 PM said:
ninjak posted on Feb 25 2006 at 09:16 PM said:

PC power supplies are normally quite unstable without a load too, as they kinda expect things like harddrives to be hanging off them.
yeah, I would definitly not recommend it :p

sam fisher posted on Feb 25 2006 at 08:47 PM said:
WTF??

You are an idiot. Things other than PC's have PSU's. For eample an xbox 360. Anyway they mean a PSU as in a adaptor that oges in your wall adn downsteps the voltage and current to the requiered amount for your gp2x.

WTF??

batteries are fine

Yes they are you idiot. Im sorry I act stupid sometimes but you make me look like einstein. Good thing im usually just acting.

getting annoyed and name calling is idiotic in itself is it not?

i was just going off what all the guides and crap say that plus i am shite at explaining things and such so i usualy sound like a n00b when posting when i'm actualy a level 37 geek with a lance of geekishness +3

I originaly posted this so i did it like everyone else was saying but i got so impatiant that i flashed it with batteries eons ago

Back