Psp Cfw

hitbyambulance

Website
troubletype.org
I've been meaning to install custom firmware on my PSP-1000 for homebrew for a few years, but want to do it now, as i have two new games that require the firmware to be updated. I'm currently on official firmware 5.03 and I have been avoiding playing these new UMDs, as I thought the system had to be on firmware 5.03 to have a different firmware installed (though this no longer seems to be the case?). I've done some forum reading, and I can't quite figure out which updater or CFW I should use. the latest version of PRO-B8 seems to be the way to go, I think?

Orion4874 said:
Why do you have to upgrade? I thought any game could be patched to work on any CFW or OFW even since the keys for that were released by geohot.

are you saying there's a way to get a game on UMD that requires a <5.03 FW to work on a 5.03 OFW PSP? i hadn't heard of that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, you can just install the latest custom firmware for 6.60. Get either 6.60 ME v1.4 or PRO-B9 6.60.

I've used the CFWs to update my older PSPs, but I haven't been able to figure out how to upgrade my PSP-3000. If it's possible, can anyone point me to the correct files and instructions?

Help is greatly appreciated ;)

akator said:
I've used the CFWs to update my older PSPs, but I haven't been able to figure out how to upgrade my PSP-3000. If it's possible, can anyone point me to the correct files and instructions?

Help is greatly appreciated ;)
What firmware does your 3000 have? Mine has 6.20, and I've installed 6.20 TN-E permanent patch v2, LCFW that is small enough to fit on the PSP's flash0, so you wouldn't have to reload it after every bootup. With that, I use the latest ALoader to run ISO/CSO games and Game Categories Lite to keep everything organized.

However, I'm unable to play a few games from backups, like Ape Escape: On the Loose, that I could play from backups when I had a 3000 with firmware 5.03, which I had replaced (for free) because of stuck pixels. It's a shame because using my UMD for that game is impossible due to technical issues.

In case you're wondering about the setup instructions for 6.20 TN-E, you run the non-permanent patch version, disable flash0 protection, run the permanent patch version, install it, enable flash0 protection again, install and enable the aloader plugin (I'll assume you're familiar with prx plugins.), put your ISO/CSO files in ms0:/ISO/, then run them; they should show up on under games in the XMB.
If you want more organization, create the directory ms0:/PSP/GAMES/ISO/ (Is it GAME or GAMES? I can't remember.), organize all of your homebrew or PS games into subfolders, install and the Game Categories Lite plugin, remove the underscore from the aloader settings file filename, and edit the settings to enable integration with Game Categories Lite.

Com64 said:
What firmware does your 3000 have? Mine has 6.20, and I've installed 6.20 TN-E permanent patch v2, LCFW that is small enough to fit on the PSP's flash0, so you wouldn't have to reload it after every bootup. With that, I use the latest ALoader to run ISO/CSO games and Game Categories Lite to keep everything organized.

Mine is running 6.20, so I'm happy to hear I can still hack it with such a recent official firmware. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

OK, i upgraded to 6.20 from the Valkyria Chronicles 2 UMD, then installed PRO-B8 CFW 6.20. it said that it wrote files to flash and rebooted, but the launcher/GUI looks exactly the same as 6.20 OFW. is it supposed to look different?

edit: i attempted to install a homebrew title, but it returns 'Corrupted Data' in the browser, and there's no GAME150 folder on the memory stick. apparently the CFW is not installing for some reason, even though the installer appears to be working correctly. any ideas?

hitbyambulance said:
OK, i upgraded to 6.20 from the Valkyria Chronicles 2 UMD, then installed PRO-B8 CFW 6.20. it said that it wrote files to flash and rebooted, but the launcher/GUI looks exactly the same as 6.20 OFW. is it supposed to look different?

edit: i attempted to install a homebrew title, but it returns 'Corrupted Data' in the browser, and there's no GAME150 folder on the memory stick. apparently the CFW is not installing for some reason, even though the installer appears to be working correctly. any ideas?
Somehow disable "protect flash0". Maybe run TN-E (not the permanent patch version), press select, disable "protect flash0", then run the installer. Also, you don't really need cfw or lcfw to play most homebrew if you use signed homebrew.

Edit:
Okay, I've just done this on my own PSP 3000 with firmware 6.20 and it worked.

Back