Ps2 Hard Drive

try ebay, but if u r using it with hdloader all u need is a ps2 network adaptor(official) and a regular hardrive. hdloader.com reccomend a maxtor 120 gig. the lowest size u can have is 40gig and the higest is 120gig. hope that helps :D

How would you go about hooking an IDE HDD to the PS2? Would I need to buy a little adapter or make my own or something?

theres a ide port built into the sony network adaptor. The distance between the power and data is pretty fixed so you just need to make sure it will physically fit.

There is no lower limit to the drive size, I was testing with an old samsung 10GB a few days back and it worked fine.

malty

Coool... Ill bee getting one of them me thinks :D

Is this just in the Official Network adaptor??

NssOne posted on Jul 5 2004 at 02:18 AM said:
Yay, I just fitted my network adapter to work with an old Western Digital 40GB that I have. And the network adapter still works. Next thing to do is finally get an HD Loader disc.
Mines in the post :). I just need a fat harddisk now... there's some bitchin stuff coming out for the ps2 at the moment. Next on the list after the hdd is Action Replay MAX Evo Edition. I'm glad I didn't trade my ps2 for an xbox :).

Last edited by a moderator:
After I get a gp32 im getting a HDD for my ps2. And then HDloader, the load times in games are supposed to be cut down by 3/4, brilliant!

PS2 will never be as good as XBOX though, so im going to pick one of them up along the way.

maltloaf posted on Jul 5 2004 at 04:11 PM said:
if any of you have modded ps2's theres an 8MB downloadable free version of HDloader out there.

malty
Link?

Wait, is it illegal?

Oh right I thought it was just a Homebrew version.

Has anyone got the PS2 to reconize an unoffical HDD yet?

sensible GP32 posted on Jul 7 2004 at 06:11 PM said:
you ever going to get any emulators?
There are MegaDrive and snes ones, but there could be more, I dont really know. Oh and a C64 one.

I just have the official HDD and Network adapter for the PS2 (modded) and everythign works fine.

I might not quite understand the thread that much , BUT why hook up an old HD when you could just get the official one from sony?? stupid question I know...

Back