Want To Remove My Hard Drive

Steve-O

ok, I want to remove my hard drive from my system to use in my PS2 (I have 2 Hard Drives in my PC and only need 1 now....) any way, I thought it would have been a simple task, so I turn the computer off and remove my 80gb Drive (My drive that does NOT have windows on, only Games). I then put it in my PS2 and say fook yea, it fits the network adaptor without haveing to mod it :D.... BUT then I turn the PC Back on and it says something like "BOOT ERROR, Loaded Boot data from Drive C but Boot Table is damaged"

So I go "NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo" I thought I lost all the data and important Emails etc.......... untill I put the Hard Drive I just put into the PS2 back into the machine and it booted perfectly again...

So how do I remove the drive without fooking up the bootup table thing??

Thanks

Strange, does windows have anything tied to that drive? Eg Temp files, Page file etc? The Boot table may be fixable with the XP recovery CD (/f mbr or similar) but wait for a second opinion as this is a shot in the dark..

Also does the HDD plug straight into the PS2 or do you have a HDD Loader?

need hd advance (the loader) but its a direct fit into the Network card which is good :D

Drive shouldnt be tied to windows as I just Formatted the computer last week

thanks

Back