Prospector Pete And Breakout Clone

ruckage

Certified Guru
Hello, just thought I'd share some early screenshots of what will most likely be my next two games. Firstly 'Prospector Pete' which is based on the Flash game 'Gold Miner' and secondly a Breakout clone which I haven't named yet but will feature colourful graphics, lots of levels and various powerups. Bear in mind these are early screenshots so will change - particularly the breakout clone which at the minute only has a stand in background as the real ones haven't been drawn yet.

prospectorpetetm7.jpg
breakoutep0.jpg

Look fantastic as always Ruckage.
The temp background looks good enough to use as is IMHO.
Looking forward to trying these, especially Gold Miner as I've never played that game.
Ta :D

EDIT: As Breakout isn't strictly a graphically intensive game, how about keeping the backgrounds simple & have some small animations running on them?
e.g. Birds flying across the background that your using ATM, or fish jumping out of the sea.

awesome awesome awesome!
I do like the background for the breakout clone
you are incredible!
EDIT: what prog did you use to make your new avatar?
EDIT2: please make sure the breakout clone has some cool power-ups
(fire ball, goes thru bricks, explosive ball, when it hits a brick there is an explosion, triple ball, splits the ball into more balls, etc.)

purple_goat said:
awesome awesome awesome!
you are incredible!
Hi PG - I made my avatar in photoshop but it was done a pixel at a time so could just as easily have been made in most other image editors.

edit: Power-ups are all covered - don't think you'll be dissapointed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
now for the rude question every dev hates: when will we see a first release of these games? I only ask cause I know you developed protozoa very quickly. any chance of an update or new version of that game by the way?

ruckage said:
purple_goat said:
awesome awesome awesome!
you are incredible!
Hi PG - I made my avatar in photoshop but it was done a pixel at a time so could just as easily have been made in most other image editors.

photoshop has animated gifs!?QUOTE
edit: Power-ups are all covered - don't think you'll be dissapointed :)

I am looking forward to it

jbrodack said:
now for the rude question every dev hates: when will we see a first release of these games? I only ask cause I know you developed protozoa very quickly. any chance of an update or new version of that game by the way?
It will be a little while though not too long. Sorry I can't be more specific but I do tend to work quite fast so soon (prospector pete will probably be first). I'm still going to do an extended version of Protozoa but I just felt like doing something completely different first.

thanks for the answer. no problem with not being specific since no dev really should set a specific release date anyway. you seem to work quick so i was wondering if there was anything that would keep these from coming out fairly soon.

im looking forward to both and the expanded version of protozoa.

you are definitely my favorite fenix dev.

sweet some more awsome looking/sounding games cant wait to play - also are you sticking to the basic breakout rules or will there be a new and interesting twist?

I am looking forward for 'Prospector Pete', I love Gold Miner so much.
BTW, where did you get that name from? I don't get what Prospector Pete means.

Prospector Pete is a character in Toy Story 2 isn't he???

I don't know...great games you're working on though Ruckage :)

norm said:
sweet some more awsome looking/sounding games cant wait to play - also are you sticking to the basic breakout rules or will there be a new and interesting twist?
There will be a few additions that I don't think have been in breakout games before (if they have I haven't seen them) but I'll keep them secret for now.

sehs33 said:
I am looking forward for 'Prospector Pete', I love Gold Miner so much.
BTW, where did you get that name from? I don't get what Prospector Pete means.
Here's the meaning of prospector from an online dictionary:

Noun 1. prospector - someone who explores an area for mineral deposits
miner, mineworker - laborer who works in a mine

SiDCrAzY said:
Prospector Pete is a character in Toy Story 2 isn't he???
Well it's Stinky Pete in Toy story 2 but he is a prospector. Coincidental anyway - just thought Prospector Pete was the obvious choice for the characters name.

Oh I am looking forward to both of these, I always love your releases - very polished, great gameplay and always enjoyable.

Now I must remember to free up some room on my sd ready. :)

Thanks Ruckage :D

Edit: I like the new avatar too, its alot easier on the eye!

Cool work Ruckage, I especially like the gold miner game, I remember playing it a few years back, very fun and addictive :)

I wish I had your great work ethic :)

Wow, I`m stunned again. Your such an awesome graphic artist!
Please keep up the excellent work!

Back