Probs A Silly Question - But Can You Charge The Batteries While Inside

I know that probably sounds daft...I have a Cd player where you can charge the batteries while inside it, hooking it up to the mains. I'm presuming the 2X DOESN'T do this?

I've been using it hooked up to the mains with an adapter and haven't thought about whether it would be doing it actually.

I'm idly looking at things like solar powered backpacks and Freeloader solar chargers and wondering if it would be worth getting them for anything other than my mobile phone and possibly a digital camera.

You can charge DS and PSP from them you see, so I was just wondering.

Cheers!

No, doesn't do it. Not to hijack your thread, but I am wondering if it is SAFE to have the batteries inside of the GP2X while you have the power supply connected?

zektor said:
No, doesn't do it. Not to hijack your thread, but I am wondering if it is SAFE to have the batteries inside of the GP2X while you have the power supply connected?
That's pretty trivial, a diode will do the trick. I'm sure gamepark had to submit to some sort of testing to allow it to be sold in the EU or even in Korea itself. As far as charging, that is what is dangerous. There would have to be a switch to disable the charging in case you had non-rehcargable batteries in it. Very few devices that use standard battery sizes can charge rechargables and those that do, almost always have that switch (some have circuity that can detect rechargable batteries, but that adds to the cost).

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
zektor said:
Batteries are disconnected when you plug in a power supply, hence the reason why the gp2x resets if it's on at the time you plug or unplug the mains socket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back