Acadapter + Batteries?

coldfish

I recently got the official GP2X AC adapter and am wondering if it's ok to have it plugged in at the same time as having batteries in the batt' compartment?

I have this nagging memory of reading about some issue with doing this, but it sounds like fud to me as no other product I can think of has this issue. Still, with the GP2X you never know... ;)

I know the adapter wont charge the batteries, but will it conflict with them in some weird way, and turn my GP2X into a smoking heap of molten electronics?

Anyone familiar with the issue?

Thanks.

no probem using ac with batteries in. there is a switch in at the tip of the AC port which bypasses the batteries. On some units, that switch gets stuck, so after using the ac adapter, the batteries become permanently bypassed. Happened to a few people here (I used a paperclip to unstick the switch and haven't had the problem since).

Ah-ha!

That sounds familiar, thanks markiej!

Now I remember reading assorted posts by people who didnt know about the AC port switch problem, thinking that using the AC with batt had damaged the battery circuit somehow.

Thanks again, now I dont have to take my AAs out every time I use the AC.

I was wondering about this too. Since I have the MK2 from the value pack, I figure all these small issues should be resolved.

I have used AC many times, but removed the batteries first, as I love my GP2X too much to lose it. I have a PSP and a DS, but my GP2X gets the most attention out of the family.

Thanks for having this topic.

Back