Pro Wrestling

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Before I begin, I'll just point out that yes, I'm aware wrestling is 'fake'.

Anyone here a fan of wrestling? Are there any smarts or smarks out there? Do you only watch WWE or are you interested in TNA, Ring Of Honor, NOAH etc. ? Looking forward to the EC Fn' Dub PPV?

I have a feeling that I'm not going to get any replies, and then look like a freak as I still enjoy what most people grow out of at a young age.

I used to like it...
But only really the insane stunts...
Have you ever heard of Japanese Deathmatch that is insane - and is totally credible...

it's boring just a shitty soap now well WWE is at least

I hate to admit it, but over the last few weeks WWE has improved ten-fold. Christian, a huge favorite of mine, is getting a push for the title by the looks of it.

If you don't like wrestling story lines but like the actual wrestling, try Ring of Honor. It's freaking amazing, really it is. Think Olympics style amatuer wrestling but with an obvouis scripted winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to like it...
But only really the insane stunts...
Have you ever heard of Japanese Deathmatch that is insane - and is totally credible...

The Japanese love their deathmatches. They're okay, but sometimes I feel they overshadow some of the mat work. Plus, I don't like to see guys get badly hurt.

I'll upload a few clips of extreme high spots.

I used to like all of the gymanstic high-flyer people.
And I used to like Mankind too.

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z1OT75...QQ3RI0HLHDN0PBH

The Ass Punch. Worth watching even if you're not a wrestling fan, it's a joke move.

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3P4JH72...QW1QFHYGRS1UUXZ

The first part of this clip is taken from Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW) and the guy in the long shorts is Nick Mondo vs. ahem, Homeless Jimmy.

The second part of the clip is from XPW, where it's Supreme the Human Horror Movie Vs. Angel the Hardcore Homo, in a Forty-Foot scafolding exploding ring match. Again, ahem.

Men in spandex hugging each other and pretending to slap each other around. Sweating and gyrating infront of millions. Sounds pretty gay if you ask me. SEXY but gay.

I was a real big fan of the WWF, back in the days it still had this name...

But since 2000 or 2001 wrestling isn`t being showed on tv herein Germany except on pay tv or sattelite. That`s stupid.

My favorite wrestler was Stonecold Steve Austin.

Christian, a huge favorite of mine, is getting a push for the title by the looks of it.

But its all Scripted and fake :p Once you know its Fake and set up its crap I think :p

Yea when was 5 - 12 years old It was good as I thought it was real, now Its borning :p

Just watch Men and Motors Late night and they have real fighting on with real blood and barbed wire / glass etc :p

Sorry, but that "ass Punch" is stupid :p LOL... I dont think tapping someone liek that will throw them that far :p also who just stands their waiting for it to happen :p

Well, I mean it's only as fake as far as the scripted storylines go. Alot of the moves hurt like hell.

Steve-O, what fighting is that? I watch Ultimate Fighting Championship and other MMA but I've never seen them use barbed wire.

I sometimes like watching it as a kind of parody, as in "look how BADASS I can be!" "NO, fool! I'm even more BADASS than YOU! A-HAHAHAHA!!!". The only problem with this is that there are times when it's hard to tell whether they're actually taking themselves seriously. :D

Yeah! I used to watch it.

In the glory days of stone cold, mankind, the undertaker, the rock.
Imaginative storylines and charismatic wrestlers.

The wrestling was secondary to the entertainment, for me.

As for young, impressionable kids watching it. :eek:
I saw some when I was young and my immediate thought was 'Why didn't that move kill him?' Guess I knew it was fake back then.

I haven't watched the weeklies for ages now. I stopped because moves like that asspunch were becoming more common and the matches more about the moves. It turned into a kind of dance. With the wrestlers too obviously setting each other up.

I guess that too many young, inexperienced kids were being brought in, not used to being in front of crowds.

Steve-O, what fighting is that? I watch Ultimate Fighting Championship and other MMA but I've never seen them use barbed wire.

dont know, I just walked in while it was on late at night (about midnight or 1am) and this guy was pushed against the ropes which had barbed wire on and it cut him up... After the fight they were picking bits out his arm that go stuck in him :eek: :eek: :unsure: :unsure:

dont know, I just walked in while it was on late at night (about midnight or 1am) and this guy was pushed against the ropes which had barbed wire on and it cut him up... After the fight they were picking bits out his arm that go stuck in him :eek: :eek: :unsure: :unsure:

Ah. Could be wrestling.

Ah wrestling used to be good back in the hay day. Bring back Hogan, bret hart and kevin nash (amongst others) and then and only then will i watch it again. Who here would agree Hogan is the best wrestler ever. (the bits before it got heavily scripted back in the 90's)

Ah wrestling used to be good back in the hay day. Bring back Hogan, bret hart and kevin nash (amongst others) and then and only then will i watch it again. Who here would agree Hogan is the best wrestler ever. (the bits before it got heavily scripted back in the 90's)

Hogan knows three moves. Literally.

Strike, Leg Drop, Big Boot. And know his hips are gone so he can't do the leg drop.

Kevin Nash has always been quite terrible, but he knows it, so he takes the piss out of himself. He's in TNA (second biggest promotion) but is semi-retired, persuing his acting career.

Now, Bret Hart is where I agree. What an amazing wrestler. The whole Hart family were. Shame he's in no fit shape to do anything, never mind get back in the ring anymore.

Wrestling has gone downhill a lot since McMahon bought out WCW and ECW. Also characters seem really bland right now (Batista??) I remember the good ol' days of Summerslam 92 Wembley Stadium with British Bulldog vs Bret Hart for the title. Stuff like that was magic.

UFC on Bravo is pretty good. I've met Chuck Lidell at a country and western music festival and the guy is a double hard $%$%$% but very chilled out. Also when its on (don't know when) the K1 tournament is really good to watch on Eurosport.

Back