• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello,
I've been debating doing a print version of all my interviews, possibly with some extras thrown in and was wondering what you guys think... of course this would depend on me being able to get permission from all the people I've interviewed and such (I think that's needed for moving the interviews to a different medium) Anyways, just an idea that I think would be neat...

Thanks for your time!
TJ Hooka

P.S. Should have some new stuff for you guys pretty quick here, been nice how much time I get to work on my projects now that college is done ;)

Think it's a great idea to have them bundled. I hate reading on screen, much better to read your interviews
laying in the sun...

Congrats on finishing your college Hooka, despite being a fan of your interviews but I voted no, I believe there will be no real value in having all the interviews printed.

I (like other) noticed your talent as a tech journalist, but I believe that this talent can be used in a bigger project. For instance, why not publish a book like "GP2X, A to Z", I believe it will be best published right when the focus starts shifting toward the Pandora, and there you can add the interviews along other info like best emus, best homebrews, best mods, hardware history, a small tutorial to write scripts, etc... In other words, the ultimate GP2X encyclopedia. I doubt that I will ever read every page of it, but I am sure I will be getting a copy :)

Thanks for all the efforts you put in your projects H, you are a great asset to this community.

Wow, sehs33, that actually sounds like quite a well formed idea you have there... I might actually have to give that some thought and see if I could pull it off ;)

And thanks to both of you for the feedback, it's nice to at least know where the votes are coming from and their logic ;)

I'm with sehs33 on this one - try a GP2x encyclopaedia. I would, I think, be much more likely to buy a copy of that than of an interview book. Especially considering how hard it is to find out how to do stuff for the GP32 these days, it would be very useful (and interesting) to have what amounts to a mega-manual/history for when, in 20 years, my kids discover a dusty old thing with a screen and want to know how to use it, and I've forgotten how to do any of the more intersting things outside "choose something, play it".

Interviews, reviews of software and hardware, a chapter on modding, looking at some of the minor ones (for do it yourself) and major ones (for the omgthatscool factor), and possibly a couple of mini-how-tos on setting up a dev environment and where to look for examples would all be good :).

Tobriand said:
... and where to look for examples would all be good :).
I believe if everything was put on a DVD (after taking the permission of the developers\authors) it will be more useful, the fewer the links in the book the better it is, and this way; 20 years later, your kids wont tell you 'Daddy that gp32x forum is not on line any more!'
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back