Preparing an SD card

agwellin

Still Fresh
I'd like to get started preparing an SD card full of ROMs while my Pandora is still on its way, but just one question:

I'm using a Win7 PC. So if I were to stick an SD card into my PC, load it full of ROMs, then stick it in my Pandora, would the card and/or files be in the correct format? Would I need to format the card for Linux use beforehand?

Like I said in the description, please be gentle. I'm a complete Linux noob, as exemplified by my recent thread about Steam :p

I'd like to get started preparing an SD card full of ROMs while my Pandora is still on its way, but just one question:

I'm using a Win7 PC. So if I were to stick an SD card into my PC, load it full of ROMs, then stick it in my Pandora, would the card and/or files be in the correct format? Would I need to format the card for Linux use beforehand?

Like I said in the description, please be gentle. I'm a complete Linux noob, as exemplified by my recent thread about Steam :p

No need to do any special formatting, Generally by default SD-cards are formatted with Fat32 filesystem which is readable in Linux.

This Video can help you put the files in the correct directories.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZApSODcxouk?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
1. How big is your card? 16GB?

2. It depends on what emulators you're going to be using?

1. 32GB (probably overkill, but it was free with a gift card, so wtf, right?)

2. NES, SNES, Mega Drive, N64, Game Boys (original, color, and advance), maybe Playstation. So I'll probably be using whichever emulators for those consoles have the highest ratings on the Pandora Apps page (only one choice for most, I think lol)

Edit: Oh, and thanks for linking to that video, Trashy! Very informative!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Panasonic's SD card formatter before you start. It apparently helps a lot.

Back