Preloaded Content?

ashdjones

o_O
I was just wondering what kind of content is planned to be built into the firmware?

I'm thinking specifically games (like GameParkHoldings are doing) but also maybe a nice song that plays as default in the media player, and some nice wallpapers.

Maybe the default movie can be 'The Making of Pandora' or 'The Meaning of Pandora' explained by Nelson Mandela.

What about the text reader? Maybe the background story to the Pandora that Craig mentioned? Maybe some Shakespeare or Dickens?

ashdjones said:
I was just wondering what kind of content is planned to be built into the firmware?

I'm thinking specifically games (like GameParkHoldings are doing) but also maybe a nice song that plays as default in the media player, and some nice wallpapers.

Maybe the default movie can be 'The Making of Pandora' or 'The Meaning of Pandora' explained by Nelson Mandela.

What about the text reader? Maybe the background story to the Pandora that Craig mentioned? Maybe some Shakespeare or Dickens?
I vote for The Picard Song by Darkmateria http://tborgax.homepage.dk/audio.html :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick Stewart explaining the philosophy behind the word Pandora would be way cooler than Mandela (even though I like him and we have the same birthday!).

Or maybe Patrick Stewart doing something like the Winamp Sound:

"Pandora really whips the llama's ass"

Seriously though, I don't think there'll be much space in the 256MB of flash after the firmware and built-in software is loaded on.

What about a demo video showing all the wonderful things the Pandora is capable of? Could also be used as the intro to a making of video.

Instead of filling up our precious NAND with things other than basic apps and settings, how about it ships with a small say, 256MB SD card with some of this preloaded content on it.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Instead of filling up our precious NAND with things other than basic apps and settings, how about it ships with a small say, 256MB SD card with some of this preloaded content on it.

-God Ginrai
Finally someone is thinking

not mandela though
morgan freeman ftw

EDIT: ooh ooh and about the sd idea, that'd be awesome for the first batch thing. only the first 3000 would have them.

yeah but it would raise costs more,
unless some company is producing a game and they would pay for the sd cards of craig and co put their demo on it, for example

PoisonedV said:
unless some company is producing a game and they would pay for the sd cards of craig and co put their demo on it, for example
Do you realize how cheap 256MB SD cards are nowadays?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
PoisonedV said:
Do you realize how cheap 256MB SD cards are nowadays?

-God Ginrai

well, since it is CONSTANTLY being stressed that if you add anything else the profits would never outweigh the costs

magicman5421 said:
ooh ooh and about the sd idea, that'd be awesome for the first batch thing. only the first 3000 would have them.
Yeah, and they should be gold plated with the Pandora logo on them!!!!!

just put the info for download on the website so that people could put it on their own sd cards/drives
even if the costs of a small sd card are really low it's not worth adding on when all those extras could be downloaded with only a little more effort
plus, i've heard many people who have already purchased two sd cards for their pandora so this would be an extra for them (they could copy the contents but then why pay for the thing in the first place no matter how cheap it was)

it would be awful if they put more unneeded things into the NAND
also weren't the devs supposed to just pay for the costs in the first 3000 shipped so adding anything (especially gold plated sd cards which would be cool otherwise :)) would defeat the purpose

Back