Release [Pre-Alpha] ArcEm - Acorn Archimedes Emulator

sswam

Advanced Member
I did a rough port of ArcEm today, seems to run some desktop apps and games okay.

WARNING: this pre-alpha DOES NOT WORK if you have FAT32 on your SD cards!
I will try to fix this asap, it is I think due to a bug with aufs (union filesystem) running on FAT32.
I will do a quick work around for ArcEm, then fix the underlying aufs bug.

There are still some issues.  This is kind of a "pre-alpha" I guess.

I tried Zarch and Conqueror, they are working okay, but it does not scale up the small modes yet.

screenshot2.png

screenshot1.png

If you have a bug report, please send it to sam@nipl.net, or here is okay too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good you got a handle on it :) do you think this issue is the same as beebem issues? Not saving last dir etc

Sent from my A500 using the cli.

ok, I`m on NTFS and it`s working good, so it Beebem`s last dir thing :)

Man that mouse is sensitive in Zarch!!   :)

Yeah Zarch is hard - even on a real Archimedes it was hard to get used to it.  Even harder with the nubs!

I fixed the appdata / FAT thing,

and it now starts fullscreen and with the RISC OS mouse pointer working already (on the repo).

Damn, X is complicated!

Next up, game scaling and sounds... and Sibelius 7!

Last edited by a moderator:
I started it up from a fresh pnd, no appdata, and the pandora desktop shows behind a massively distorted gamma - blown way up high. I could see the UI with floppy radio buttons, as if the "desktop" were transparent.

That's the latest version from the repo.

D.

lol, that's exciting ... thanks for testing ... you ran it from xfce, right?  not compiz, slackware, openbox, ...?  It should work anyway, but yeah... just checking...

Did anyone else have better luck with it, or similar weirdness as ZXDunnny saw?

Nope, this update works as the first release... meaning, it still works :)  starts with mouse and full screen etc..

it`s all good... be even better if the games start full screen and we could turn the sensitivity down on that mouse!!   :)

lol, that's exciting ... thanks for testing ... you ran it from xfce, right?  not compiz, slackware, openbox, ...?  It should work anyway, but yeah... just checking...

Did anyone else have better luck with it, or similar weirdness as ZXDunnny saw?
Yeah, ran it from XFCE. 

D.

Back