Powerslide V0.5 Released

Excellent game. I didn't have to much time last night to play, but will seriously do some playing tonight.
I agree with everything in the posts on this game. I thought the colors and graphics were great. One suggestion, damage control would be cool. Either yourself or the other cars. Every fender bender could reduce the cars ability making it more realistic. Maybe to much damage and the car blows up or something along those lines.
Health would only make it more stressful and less of an arcade-style hit :-\

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the steering 'locks'? Like, youll be holding accelerate and hard left, all the while going straight, then you release the hard left and go left again and it works the second time around?

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the steering 'locks'? Like, youll be holding accelerate and hard left, all the while going straight, then you release the hard left and go left again and it works the second time around?

I noticed that, but I assumed it was my GP2X's dodgy joystick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed that too, that's why I suggested he uses the diagonals for steering in addition to the straight directions. I still think it's the stick, after all, all our sticks are dodgy! :lol:

Once again congrats on a kickass game UD!

- Alex

Yea, I thought it was just my stick too.

Looking at the code for input handling Im checking all the variations for left and right except up/left up/right - hopefully that will sort it.

Added to the list.

Working my way down the bug list and feature requests and got bored so I thought Id stop in and give you an update.

I *want* this to be the last code update so Im going to try and fix everything bug and gameplay releated this weekend.

Heres the list:
Fixed annoying sound bug at the finish
Added a mini-map
Toned down sliding (and made the CPU cars harder)
When you lose you go back to the 1st track on restart
Completing the game restarts you at track 1 as before but with the difficulty increased

To do list:
Tidy up graphics so there are less masking problems
Best lap times hi-score table
On game over you get a display of your performance - 1st place finishes, best lap times and the option to enter your initials
Load and save best lap times

Celtic are playing tomorrow so I dont know if all of this will be done. If its not I'll do it next weekend

I downloaded this new version earlier today, and now I finally got a chance to try it.

I love the car handling a lot better, it's actually perfect for me (I also noticed you assigned the triggers for steering too, nice). The minimap and tracks being displayed on the loading screen are great touches as well. Here's one thing I'd change though, if it's not too much work: after the drift track is over, you're taken to a loading screen for the next track, then to the upgrade shop. Why not go to the upgrade shop right after the drift track is over, then load the next track? Also, as far as wishes go, a pause button would be nice :)

This version brought a lot to the table, very playable and fun game UD! Thanks!

- Alex

A truly great game =) I hope you enjoyed creating it! The quality is really astounding, all the features are _just_ right. I agree with Alex about the pause button, it would be a nice feature!
I love the music but doesn't it seem to be a bit loud compared to the sound effects?

Thanks for a great game!

I found any drift track after the first one, were harder to get points on.

Back