Oh! The Humanity! V1.0

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Luke Miller released a new version of the most original gp2x game, I guess... Oh! The Humanity!

screenshot01.png

Besides some bug fixes, this release adds 6 new mini games!

Download: Oh! The Humanity! v1.0
Homepage: http://www.um.com.au/ohthehumanity/

Completely original gp2x games? Surely you know that's impossible! Check again, it must be an emulator!

I look forward to checking it out.

Can anyone make it past Jesus? Whenever I get to the end it just quits to the menu.
I got past him without anything happening.

Pretty fun game... although having to screw around with Python & Pygame is kind of a pain, even if it is just a matter of downloading it and tossing it on the card.

--Zero

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence, but the compatibility sucks. It looks like a great game too. After putting the python folder in the root of my SD card to no avail, I tried plenty of other things, after eventually shouting out "Oh! The Humanity!" Then I erased it from my card, feeling a bit pissed off.

No offence, but the compatibility sucks. It looks like a great game too. After putting the python folder in the root of my SD card to no avail, I tried plenty of other things, after eventually shouting out "Oh! The Humanity!" Then I erased it from my card, feeling a bit pissed off.
Perhaps installation of the game is the first historical disaster to be overcome.

I wish developers would include all the files necessary for people to use their games, zipped up in the proper configuration. Playing a game on the gp2x should be as simple as "unzip and go". It looks like a nifty original game but when I get around to adding it to my review site it will have to get a score of DISQUALIFIED.

whith any emulators you have to do even more configuring and such to get them to work. the main thing you need to do to get this to work is edit the .gpe file to point to wherever you installed the game or just put it in mnt/sd/Games/ohthehumanity. remember linux is case sensitive so if your folder is named games change the .gpe to have games in all lower case.

in order to unlock more games you have to get a certain score which seems to be around 4.0.

cool game im always happy to try out more new homebrew.

On my SD card, it was Games/ohthehumanity. ;x

Oh well - this is just one game out of hundreds. Just a shame I can't play it. Dzz, I agree too. It should be unzipping and playing, but I guess that's unfortunately how this python language must work, or whatever.

On my SD card, it was Games/ohthehumanity. ;x

Oh well - this is just one game out of hundreds. Just a shame I can't play it. Dzz, I agree too. It should be unzipping and playing, but I guess that's unfortunately how this python language must work, or whatever.
No, it's not how python must work. The only reason to distribute stuff this way is to make the download smaller by assuming that all the users are python experts who have already downloaded and configured python.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 2 2006 at 08:37 AM said:
Can someone please tell me step by step how to get this game running, with python and all? I really want to play it but am also struggling to get this working.

1. Download pygame_beta1.zip from http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,14,917
2. Unzip it on your computer, it should create a directory called pygame_beta1/
3. Inside pygame_beta1/ is a directory called python/ - copy python/ to your sd card.
4. Download ohthehumanity from http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,1555
5. Unzip it on your computer, it should create a directory called ohthehumanity/
6. Copy ohthehumanity/ to a directory on your SD card called Games/
7. So your SD card layout should look a bit like this:
/python/
/Games/ohthehumanity/

Good luck!

Sorry I don't include python and pygame with the ohthehumanity or tunar packages. I hope that one day python and pygame are included with the firmware as I believe they are essential linux packages!

I believe the process is no more complicated than installing a emulator and some roms.
dodgyville

I downloaded the one .tar file, and tried opening it with programmer's notepad...I get a bunch of random characters that I cant make out.

Yeah, I think im doing something wrong.

When I download pygame, where do I put this file?

Back