Powerplay Competition Pro....compatible?

NickLoTurco said:
Hey! It's me with more joystick news/questions........I just bought two of these from Amazon for about £18, bargain me thought, as long as they work???! They are new aswell.

Here's the link..... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerplay-Competit...0751&sr=1-3

There is no reason why any standard USB controller will not work. The drivers for such HID devices are included in the kernel. Go buy any joystick you want that has a USB connector and plug it into a Pandora. Odds are it will work, no hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
NickLoTurco said:
Cool.........any particular type/make of USB hub I should be looking to buy?
It must be a high speed USB hub to work as expected with the Pandora, and to overcome the Pandora's lack of USB 1.1 support on the HOST port to allow 1.1 devices to work on that port. You can still use the USB OTG port for 1.1 devices without a hub, but it'll take a USB-A Female to USB-Mini male adapter like this one. Don't worry too much though. Most devices these days (including joysticks) are 2.0, and all storage devices are.

Do you know if they make usb mini to usb mini cables? I have several external hard drives that have that connector on them, it would seem to me it would be better to connect directly with a cable instead of going through an adapter.

cbox said:
Do you know if they make usb mini to usb mini cables? I have several external hard drives that have that connector on them, it would seem to me it would be better to connect directly with a cable instead of going through an adapter.
External hard drives would be better served with USB 2.0 if they support it, so plug them into the regular USB port.

Unless I completely missed the reason for using a hard drive on the USB "OTG" 1.1 port, I thought it was un-powered.

Back