Power Up Start Up Times... Any Way To Speed Up?

mushedroom

Still Fresh
hey everyone,

does anyone have a way to make the power up/start up time FASTER from the moment you turn on the power switch?

please let me know.

thanks everyone!

hm. not really. but i don't see a problem with a 30 second startup time.
just turn it on 30 seconds before you want to play? :)
I usually play when on the train or at home, and it doesn't matter if it takes 10 seconds more or less.

afaik the 2.1.1 is the quickest to boot up (open2x is even faster, right?)

kanzlr said:
afaik the 2.1.1 is the quickest to boot up (open2x is even faster, right?)
FW 2.1.1 only applies for F-100; mushedroom might (most likely) have a F-200, which is incompatible to that firmware version. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to delete some skin on nand to boost up the boot time, if you use gmenu2x there is no point to load all skin at boot time, just choose skin that closely match with gmenu2x, that will save about 2~3 seconds boot time.

and uncheck "mount nand at boot" on system setting, this will also significant boot time but slower later if system need somethin in nand folder. but hey, who cares? We only want the fastest boot time.

I admit the 2.1.1 firmware is the fastest boot time on MK1 history. :D

Ahua_Keren said:
Try to delete some skin on nand to boost up the boot time, if you use gmenu2x there is no point to load all skin at boot time, just choose skin that closely match with gmenu2x, that will save about 2~3 seconds boot time.

and uncheck "mount nand at boot" on system setting, this will also significant boot time but slower later if system need somethin in nand folder. but hey, who cares? We only want the fastest boot time.

I admit the 2.1.1 firmware is the fastest boot time on MK1 history. :D
Is there a big difference in boot time between 2.0.0 and 2.1.1 ?
I still use 2.0.0 on my MK2 unit. :p

i thought on that aspect too ..
but .. why faster? 30sec is fast enough

power on - 1 second
train your fingers - 10 seconds
relax your fingers - 5 seconds
put on your headphones - 5 seconds
gently touch the screen, buttons, joystick cap - 9 seconds

is this thing on?
:)

Id certainly like to know if it could be faster or if not the reasons why it has to be closer to my pc startup time than my nds would be interesting.
That startup can get very dull when something has crashed a few times and you re trying to work out exactly why.
I think so anyway.

If you rewrite all the boot scripts and replace the menu, as well as updating the libraries (so you basically need to recompile the whole system to use the new ones) you can get it a fair amount faster. Of course, most people won't want to do that ;).

varioustimes said:
Id certainly like to know if it could be faster or if not the reasons why it has to be closer to my pc startup time than my nds would be interesting.
That startup can get very dull when something has crashed a few times and you re trying to work out exactly why.
I think so anyway.
hm. because it boots a linux based OS and it doesn't seem too optimized for a quick boot.
the DS doesn't boot a full OS afaik. it just goes to sleep sort of, right?

Back