Power Adapter Woes

Minkoff

I just went out and bought a power adapter for my GP2X. It works fine, but it seems really strange to me that they'd put it right next to the buttons like that. It's really hard to play anything but Quake with the adapter in. :(

EDIT: Quake -> SNES? Weirdest typo ever.

i did notice that from pictures ( i dont have one yet ) i thought it was stupid how the ac adapter is where your freakin hand goes..everyone knows it should be on the top, did GP even read the basic handheld console guide before they made theirs? hehe

i also put it between fingers, it's bothersome but it's possible to find a way anyway :D
or build a superslim connector maybe ...

the most bothering thing is the PROCTECTIVE RUBBER over the AC hole, always 10 minutes to manage to close it ! :p

Paradox posted on Dec 10 2005 at 11:43 PM said:
did GP even read the basic handheld console guide before they made theirs? hehe

They used the Official Handheld Console Guide by Timmy, which I have managed to track down:

goodconsole5vx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The "official" one is supposed to be a right-angled plug, so doesn't interfere much with gameplay.

Squidge posted on Dec 11 2005 at 06:32 AM said:
The "official" one is supposed to be a right-angled plug, so doesn't interfere much with gameplay.
I've got a right angled one :D

shezzor posted on Dec 13 2005 at 06:21 PM said:
Yeah, I too have a right angled plug and I dont have any issues. Although trying to get the rubber guard back in place once your finished thats another matter altogether ;)
Some people have problems with it, but me, I always get it perfect within 3 seconds.

I find that if it's not in after I first slip it on, it's better to lift it back off and try again rather than trying to adjust it when the usb or psu side is in and the other isn't.

donny662 posted on Dec 18 2005 at 12:42 AM said:
I find that if it's not in after I first slip it on, it's better to lift it back off and try again rather than trying to adjust it when the usb or psu side is in and the other isn't.
Yup. Thats what I do. It it doesn't go in the first time, take it completely off, and try again.

Back