Post Your Desktops

Hyperpc said:
How did you get widgets on Ubuntu
You need a compositing window manager (Beryl, Compiz, Compiz Fusion), then you can install screenlets from the screenlets Ubuntu/Debian (can't remember which) repository. Then you just run screenletsd.

I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere, like there always is :)

Last edited by a moderator:
gdesklets don't require beryl/compiz. I used to use it back in the day before I got sick of Gnome. For KDE users, superkaramba is an option as well.

Been wanting to do this for ages but been busy with things like trying to get zombiepox to work and working on e-BatlleTech (currently written with VB6 and windows only), website etc etc.

Anyway......:

My dual screen setup (only used for programming):
desk_win.jpg

And my qemu (Slackware 11.0) desktop:
desk_linux.jpg

How are some of you getting smaller desktop icons using Vista? Mine stay big even when the resolution is at 1440 x 900.

Samba Pa Ti said:
just reinstalled windows (when i got some new parts) this is about a week after a fresh install, i expect it to be full of icons in about a month : (
Genesis. I approve.

Last edited by a moderator:
kde does rule. kdemod is better though :D

i just got arch up and running on my home computer. hadn't ever heard of it, until i found a tutorial about setting a mail server on it...i am loving it. slackware was too weird for me. ubuntu seemed bloated, never liked gnome...arch with kdemod is perfect though. so fast. also the community is great.

i gave a thousand words instead of a picture :/

nickspoon, i am liking your desktop though. what icons are those?

edit: looks like Moparx has my back...

Mine:

screenki3.png

I'll break the legs of the first person to make a goatse joke...

Back