maybe you dont know but the GP32 have only a CPU with 8M of RAM
No video chip
no audio chip
no RADEON 9800XT inside.....

So its impossible

sorry about that
that would have been cool.....but no

see you :lol:

Nah, UT2K wouldn't work on our favourite handheld, although its possible you might be able to re-make some of the levels using ThunderZ's 3D engine. Bot intelligence, though, would probably be a problem. And atm floors are impossible (or at least, layers floors are). So some stuff wouldn't be doable

Its a shame, but that's how it is.

Tobriand posted on Feb 11 2004 at 06:37 PM said:
Nah, UT2K wouldn't work on our favourite handheld, although its possible you might be able to re-make some of the levels using ThunderZ's 3D engine.
Is anyone actually doing anything with his engine do you know? It looks to good to waste. And is he still updating it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Opsel posted on Feb 11 2004 at 06:21 PM said:
was it possible to port the Unreal Engine for gp32 only an idee ?
on my old pc with 200 mhz works it on 320x200 without problems
stop with teh opium mang =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Unreal (Not Unreal Tournament wich is a different game all together) could be run without a 3D gfx card, and I played it with 320*200 with out a gfx card on my Amd K5 133 Mhz (about the same speed as Pentium 100) so I think it's possible but I don't think the source code is available? or?

Duke Nuke'em (older game but still 3D) would work...
http://games.softpedia.com/public/cat/4/4-12.shtml

But ThunderZ engine is very good... But Duke is a already finished game... and was really fun...

Unreal (Not Unreal Tournament wich is a different game all together)

No its not possible

is it possible to modifi the unreal editor for thunderz engine

no thats not possible and why would you want to throw the gui for the unreal editor ontop of the thunderz engine. Why not just use the interface that it has. As well if you where to throw a diffrnet interface on it it would not suddenly make it possible to make staires and create AI for charactors. I think you are just a little niave when it comes to developing or porting software.

The Unreal engine minium spec was:

"The absolute minimum requirements for Unreal are estimated to be a 60Mhz Pentium with 16 megabytes of RAM, Windows 95, and a sound card - though you would not get any sort of reasonable spead out of a P60, for decent play you will need at least a P166. An Internet connection is required for net play and 32 megabytes of RAM is the minimum for UnrealED, the Unreal Editor"

So 16 MB is a definite killer... and that makes a port (if the sourcecode was free) not possible...

Duke Nuke'em (looked at the source) needs atleast 6.8 MB free memory and 486 66Mhz as recomended system so this one is still possible... (I think until some one convinces me otherwise)

Back