Porting PewPew

Out of curiosity, how come there's no glow in this? Is it just to save on processing time? Only because rRootage has glow on the Pandora, but interestingly didn't when I ran the PC version.
There are 2 reasons:

1/ It is an extremely costly effect.

2/ It uses an OpenGL ES 1 extension that is not available everywhere (render to texture).

Freeze, Freeze, Freeze.
I never had a game with so mich freezes.

Last freeze deleted my scores.

Please fix this.
I would love to. But to fix a bug you actually need to find it. And to find a bug it's better to actually _have_ the issue. I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

And just saying "Please fix it" without describing how you get these freeze doesnt help me much

I'm using the latest PewPew2 from the repo (1.0.0.3) and I noticed that the game/system locks up when you press ESC after playing for a little while and I need to do a hard reset.
I'm not having that one myself :(

After bringing up the in-game menu a couple times, the background music stopped. The next time I pressed ESC, the system locked.

Now that could be interesting. I'm aware of the music stop problem. As a work around I made sure that the music would restart when in the menus (not the ingame one though) if it is stopped.

OpenAL seams to stop the music when playing some other sound for no apparent reason. But I'm new to openAL so it might be my fault... I just dont see what's wrong.

@those having these freeze, would you try playing music off to see if you get a freeze this way (because if not, you have your work-around and I start to see a solution)

Is there any chance of unpausing on nub movement? As the game is designed for touchscreen control the pause function kicks in if you stop touching the screen with the messge 'resume playing to unpause' and tapping the screen again only unpauses until you stop touching it. I discovered it is possible to unpause with an action buton, but given the message, being able to unpause with the nubs would be ideal.
Disable the auto-Pause in the settings.... I should have made that the default...

So for 1.0.0.4 I should do :

- fix networking (if I'm able to test that)

- make auto-pause off by default

- found & fix theses freezes

- fix the music playing bug (a bit of help from Jyaif would be welcome here)

KO, tried again.

Downloaded the latest version.

Deleted appdata folder.

Did a reboot before playing.

The first time I want to pause the game with escape it crashed again.

No Pnd_run out because I have to hard reset after every crash.

Perhaps it's just my Pandora that crashes here.

I had a lot of crashes on other places, too.

If you ssh into your pandora, you can still get the output. Only inputs and graphics hang. Network will still work.

Back