Portable External Battery - 18000 Mah

Vorporeal

Yes, no, I, this is.
Website
Visit site
18000 mAh is pretty big for an external battery charging thingy (especially since it only weighs in at 1 pound). Thought some people might be interested in this, as it seems like a great way to extend you Pandora's battery life on the go. It's only up there today, so get it while you can (if you're interested).

http://woot.com/

EDIT: It's no longer on Woot, but you can find it (and ones of other, smaller capacities on their own store). http://www.xpalpower.com/us/modules/opencart/

It seems that Amazon will have it for 143 USD soon, a bit better than the 180 USD off their own website. Still, for 143 USD it seems like a nice, portable battery-life extender.

craigix said:
That would give you something crazy like 50 hours. Good for those expeditions in to the Amazon.

Confirmed!
Pandora is good for 50 hours of surfing Amazon.com! :)
lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Look like a nice battery you could carry when traveling to charge all of your portable device.

Is there any review of the battery on the web ?

It seems this is a 5V output? (anyone have actual connector specs?)

Seems like a perfect match for the Pandora.

18Ah, indeed, this is almost certainly a Lithium-Polymer battery pack.
(although with 4+ cells this thing should be capable of serious amp output... yet the output specs seem low)

I have a tiny 1800mAh version of this by the same company; it has a USB port and little AC adapter adapters. It charges my iPod fine.

gibberish said:
/copydir said:
Confirmed!
lol

please, stop with this shit.

I think its pretty funny geek humor.
its also a fun satire on how some marketing and news outlets can twist facts and quotes.
I've been laughing out loud at at least half of those ridiculously "confirmed!" distorted quotes.

those jokes are short, aren't over-shadowing the threads and are fairly easy to ignore if someone doesn't enjoy them.
and a running gag wouldn't be a running gag if it stopped.

you are entitled to your opinion, but a bit more diplomacy and etiquette wouldn't hurt.

beside, if one is entitled to complain it would be Craigix as he's the main "victim" of these misquotes or one of the forum moderators who have authority over what is acceptable.
their silence might hint that they enjoy, are neutral to, or at least tolerate the humor.

/copydir: at least little humble me laughed at it.

I wonder how much of this is real, and how much of it is marketing speak (The 18000 mAh is no doubt an "equivalent to" rating).

Stephane Hockenhull said:
gibberish said:
/copydir said:
Confirmed!
lol

please, stop with this shit.

its also a fun satire on how some marketing and news outlets can twist facts and quotes.
I've been laughing out loud at at least half of those ridiculously "confirmed!" distorted quotes.

those jokes are short, aren't over-shadowing the threads and are fairly easy to ignore if someone doesn't enjoy them.

you are entitled to your opinion, but a bit more diplomacy and etiquette wouldn't hurt.

beside, if one is entitled to complain it would be Craigix as he's the main "victim" of these misquotes or one of the forum moderators who have authority over what is acceptable.
their silence might hint that they enjoy, are neutral to, or at least tolerate the humor.

+1, some of these are pretty funny :)

Stephane Hockenhull said:

It was funny... 6 months ago. Now its just irritating seeing someone post CONFIRMED: HURFDADURFYDURF after literally every one of craig's posts.

B-ZaR said:
I agree, it is a funny contradiction to the closed market, a satire. If someone doesn't care for it, they can ignore these small posts.

Confirmed: gibberish has a sandy vagina.

parag0n said:
Itwas funny... 6 months ago. Now its just irritating seeing someone postCONFIRMED: HURFDADURFYDURF after literally every one of craig's posts.
Except, it is us confirming ludicrous things, hence the satire. Unlike other places that are actually confirming things that will never happen and they are oblivious to the fact that it is ludicrous for them to confirming them. E.g. Confirmed: Duke Nukem Forever will ship next month.

See, making a satirical confirmation of stupid thing here is a direct way of making fun of places that confirm equally ludicrous things, except they mean it. There is the intelligent Satire.

I can get if you don't like it, but that multiple level of humor works for me.

Squidge said:
I wonder how much of this is real, and how much of it is marketing speak (The 18000 mAh is no doubt an "equivalent to" rating).

I haven't actually seen the battery, maybe it's a 0.5 V @ 18000mAh.
Ah, the wonders of units. What's its WATT-hour rating?

BackAssward said:
B-ZaR said:
I agree, it is a funny contradiction to the closed market, a satire. If someone doesn't care for it, they can ignore these small posts.

Confirmed: gibberish has a sandy vagina.

parag0n said:
Itwas funny... 6 months ago. Now its just irritating seeing someone postCONFIRMED: HURFDADURFYDURF after literally every one of craig's posts.
Except, it is us confirming ludicrous things, hence the satire. Unlike other places that are actually confirming things that will never happen and they are oblivious to the fact that it is ludicrous for them to confirming them. E.g. Confirmed: Duke Nukem Forever will ship next month.

See, making a satirical confirmation of stupid thing here is a direct way of making fun of places that confirm equally ludicrous things, except they mean it. There is the intelligent Satire.

I can get if you don't like it, but that multiple level of humor works for me.

Confirmed: it's highbrow, thinking man's comedy, like wot rory bremner is.

Enverex said:
It says 5v @ 18Ah. How is the mAh of a battery calculated exactly?

I suspect they just drain the battery at a constant current rate and determine when the current / voltage drops below usable / safe levels.
Then they add marketing stuff, round up, etc.

Confirmed: This topic is now a confirmed joke topic and the confirmation of this topic officially becoming a confirmed joke has confirmed to gibberish all the confirmation he needs to confirm to himself that he will never again visit the fore mentioned confirmed status that is this confirmed joke topic.

Back