Port Requests

Is it possible to port this to the Pandora? It's a sort of autohotkey software that allows the use of ahk files but with source code for Linux.

https://github.com/polyethene/IronAHK

I found a custom profile to use on several games with gamepad, for example, we can use the left nub in diablo/ diablo 2 to move and interact with everything (it simulates mouse move in joystick mode + left mouse button)

Here the custom file with a short video:

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/132957-diablo-2-controller-mod/

Hi all,

Regarding Unreal / Unreal Tournament: could someone please shed some light on the official source code status ? It looks like some parts were open sourced, and are now to be found in projects like OpenUT, Old Unreal, or Surreal...

Cheers, Magic Sam

That's it: some part of the source code was released, but the rest is still closed-source. IIRC the part that was released was mostly headers, so that you could replace part of the existing code with your own. So you could for example develop your own rendering engine, but you can't build the whole game (unless you implement everything yourself, but it's more or less the same thing as starting from scratch).
I think there were some groups that were able to get access to more of the source code, but that was on an individual basis.

@Magic Sam it seems like openUT has ceased active development back in 2001, so that's really of no interest to us anymore. But surreal isn't a complete source code for UT just as openUT wasn't either. It says in the readme... so no dice.

oldunreal is just a patch for improving unreal, but the faq mentions that the developer had been given access to the full sourcecode. maybe someone could ask him for a contact at epic? pretty sure he won't be able to give us his source, but there is a chance he could connect us with people who can.

While still no calibre (yet, hopefully), I have numerous port on the go, and here are some screenshot of them. Note that some of them may never be published (mainly for performances issue, or if it's crashing and I can't fix it).

In no particular order:
ardentryst4.png
emulestation2.png
steelstorm1.png
ultrastar2.png
preview1.png
preview2.png
preview1.png
preview1.png
preview1.png
preview1.png
aloderunnerstory2.png
preview1.png

0ad1.png

Plus many other that haven't changed much since last screenshot I published....

Last edited:
But my next PND will probably be this one:
egoboo3.png

I'm recompiling with "lto" to see if I can get a few fps more (it will probably be playable nicely on gigahertz only, not sure how it will behave on Rebirth and on CC).

Last edited:
I would like to have newer versions for vcmi and freeheroes2, last versions on the repo are a couple of years old and weren't fully playable.

Seems that the mantainers are no longer around here commander-beef and yeoldegrove. I think that a lot of people, including me would be very grateful if anyone has interest in porting any of them.

Oh man. I can't wait.

I have been jonesing for a flight game for a long time (posted some in here). The repo can using them.

Thanks for building it

Oh man. I can't wait.

I have been jonesing for a flight game for a long time (posted some in here). The repo can using them.

Thanks for building it
Well, there are a few flight game already on the repo:
Fachoda complex and gl-117
there is also 2 game in beta here, not on the repo yet: Sabre and Search and Rescue II that I have to finish one day (sar2 will probably be done before Sabre).

Also, I'm in contact with TnL author, as I have a strange issue with the port of the game on the Pandora (issue with the ioLanguage used for the scripting).

(and I have omit all the space flight game, like FreeSpace 1/2, Babylon Project, Wing Commander Saga, ProjectX or the underwater game Possible Worlds).

Just tried them out. Both ports are running nicely on my 1 GHz unit. Thanks!

Geany from repo is ver 1.23 and two years old. New version is from March and 1.27.
Maybe someone can update the repo. I built from source in Slackware and it works fine.
So it is maybe no big job.

Whe still need a good Truck Driver, or Offroad Game on Pandora,
Something like King of the Road, or 18 Wheels of Steel..
I know that whit Pyra, it would be possible to play some of the Dreamcast Truckgames, but a native game would be also great..

Back