Port Requests

Last edited by a moderator:
"Natural Selection (NS) is a modification for the video game Half-Life." - I'm quite sure you can scrub that off the list...

I found this great bluetooth utility that converts a computer into a bluetooth headset.

If this were to work on the pandora it would mean I could tether my phone and have bluetooth paired on my pandora all the time and receive calls on my Pandora.

My phone would never have to leave my pocket :)

Could this be ported by someone?

http://nohands.sourceforge.net/

Yeah I know I can emulate racing game. But I found it crazy that emulated game are of better quality than native ones, so I look for quality native racing game to put on the Pandora...
Well emulated racing games were AAA titles of the day so even though they are old, they were of high quality standards and can beat most open source titles any time. 

Yeah I know I can emulate racing game. But I found it crazy that emulated game are of better quality than native ones, so I look for quality native racing game to put on the Pandora...
Well emulated racing games were AAA titles of the day so even though they are old, they were of high quality standards and can beat most open source titles any time. 
Yeah, I can understand about the quantity of modeled cars, or tracks, the quality of the music, sounds, things like that.

What I'm still surprised is that, to get good framerates and graphics, you better used an Emulated game than a native one. The diffences of efficiency in the engine is abysmal, when you compare GT2, that run on a  emulated PSX, with TORCS for example (may be I need to recompile it and check the performances again on this one).

But I have good hope that VDrif can be fun on the Pandora (need to get a few more fps, and try to get some lightning on the cars)...

Isn't TORCS using an actual physics engine? I don't think GT uses anything close to real physics, at least I believe that trying to take narrow corners while touching other cars usually doesn't work in real life, YMMV:)

I'd guess it's just a set of heuristics with minimal computational complexity and - that is the difficult part - very good playability.

Yes I have the impression that most OS racing games seek advanced accurate physical simulation, while racing games probably use approximations and shortcuts to keep things playable and spend more resources on looks.

I found this great bluetooth utility that converts a computer into a bluetooth headset.

If this were to work on the pandora it would mean I could tether my phone and have bluetooth paired on my pandora all the time and receive calls on my Pandora.

Cool Idea,maybe it work with my DevSD Card @ Home.
Will try it this Evening,Phones over the Pandora would be a realy cool Feature ;)

Will try it this Evening,Phones over the Pandora would be a realy cool Feature ;)
Cool, keep me posted. :) Is there a youtube with a step by step on how to port software to the pandora inbetween all your gaming related youtubes? :D

No but maybe i can make a new Dev SD Image in my Holiday @ End of Month for all and release it with a full Howto port Software.

My Hint,look on Pandoralive from Ekianjo,he made a good Howto with Pictures how to port Software ;)

He ported a Browser in this Case.

A Step by Step Howto is very good Idea.

First Step,running the Zaxxon from SD Card and not from Nand :)

Slackware from Linux-Swat is a very good Idea too,because all things what i ported had nearly no Errors while Compiling and Slackware has nearly all inside.

Slackware is still downloaded here @ my Home,but i have to free an SD Card again for it ;)

Cool, keep me posted. :) Is there a youtube with a step by step on how to port software to the pandora inbetween all your gaming related youtubes? :D
hi,i write this Post with Palemoon on the Pandora. ;)

..unfortunaly it want/search bluez => 2.00 and i cannot compile that or install that over the Pandora Feeds.

Maybe i have with Slackware more Luck these Days ^_^

...moment.it compile via Codeblocks yet.hope it will finish it :D

edit:

It finished compiling but unforunaly now pygtk Errors and i did not get it work yet,sorry. :unsure:

I managed to compile it with bluez-libs-3.36 and run on a recent SuperZaxxon. It connects to my phone and starts the calls, but I get no sound yet. Selecting OSS instead of ALSA crashes the program.

I think I will manage to package it, just need more time to fix sound issues.

Nice! Maybe the sound issues are the same ones as when trying to use sound over bluetooth the other way around?

Some line had to be added to a config file (was it asound.rc?) to add a bluetooth device to the Alsa config or something... what was it again....

Edit: Found it, to get a bluetooth headset to work this had to be added to /etc/asound.conf

Code:
pcm.btheadset {
   type plug
   slave {
       pcm {
           type bluetooth
           profile "auto"
       }   
   }   
   hint {
       show on
       description "BT Headset"
   }   
}
ctl.btheadset {
  type bluetooth
}

Nice! Maybe the sound issues are the same ones as when trying to use sound over bluetooth the other way around?

Some line had to be added to a config file (was it asound.rc?) to add a bluetooth device to the Alsa config or something... what was it again....

Edit: Found it, to get a bluetooth headset to work this had to be added to /etc/asound.conf
AFAIK this file is needed when you connect a headset to the pandora, NOT when you use the pandora as a handset.

Anyway, I will work on the issue this weekend. And thanks for the hint.

AFAIK this file is needed when you connect a headset to the pandora, NOT when you use the pandora as a handset.

Anyway, I will work on the issue this weekend. And thanks for the hint.
I know ;) But I figured in both instances the audio goes both ways and only a little alsa programming needs to be done to route the bluetooth audio to internal soundcard and back.

But I'm just guessing, I know nothing about linux or alsa. :-/

Thank you for trying this out!

Another port request from me :)

I like to use the high voltage sid collection a lot which is a huge collection of SID tunes which gets updated about twice per year. The people who maintain this collection wrote an update tool of which the source can be found here

http://hvsc.c64.org/download/files/tools/HVSC_Update_Tool_286_source.tar.gz

Could someone look at this for me and try to port it? I would be very much obliged :)

Thanks in advance!

Back