Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 to 10 units.

• 11+ units.

• None

• Total voters

I plan on preordering when available, mostly because I had a bit saved and got a fair amount for my birthday and this looks like just the device for me.

sverm said:
Yes, but imagine some other unidentified rotten b*st*rd from a large company with lots of cash decides to buy a boatload of Pandoras just to destroy them, to keep them from taking over the world like iPods, knowing that it'll be a while before more can be made and sent out...

I think the current level of secrecy behind the whole project is in the best interests of the whole project.

Did I watch too much X-Files when I was a kid?
The only weak point in that evil masterplan (and it's a doozie!) is that your unidentified rotten b*st*rd is doing nothing more than funding the second production run -- delay or not -- and giving Craig et al a nice bit of profit.

Seriously, how many runs are they going to buy up? I'm figuring that after the fourth or fifth, the developers will relocate to a nice, tropical, hurricane-free, sandy beach, chuckling at Dr Evil-the-Moron...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm not a big fan of preordering things but maybe I'll get one as soon as they're shipping them. Sorry, It's only that I'm used to buy things only when they are selling and I've money.

I am strongly tempted to preorder, this system may be exactly what I need due to its potential and size.

HOWEVER, as hard as it will be, I will wait until the second or third batch. By that time there will be more software available and the worst defects will have been corrected, or at least I will know what to expect after the hype dies down a bit and I can read some honest reviews.

I'm gonna wait for the second batch, I want to hear a public verdict, y'see

Unfortunately, I got royally burned on the last thing I preordered (anyone heard of the flop called Hellgate: London?). So I'm gonna wait till its out, reviewed, and been patched up a bit from any launch bugs.

Really, I'm almost completely convinced to get one. The only thing is I want to see how it functions for playing music. Other than that, I'm convinced. But gonna take it slow this time, don't want to get burned again

Long time lurker, few times poster:

I'm torn on pre-ordering. I trust the Pandora team though...in the event there is an issue, I believe it'll be taken care of. A hardware issue would obviously suck (ship it back for replacement/repair), but any software stuff should be easy (download to SD card & done). And I'm convinced they're testing the hardware thoroughly.

Waiting for reviews could provide a better idea of what the keyboard keys and game 'nubs' will feel like, but at the end of the day, it is what it is...unless you mod it yourself (not my specialty!). So I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with however it turns out. I was fine with the GP2X 'joystick', so I should be thrilled with Pandora.

I've got the money saved, so when that fateful email arrives, I may just jump on it impulsively. There's no harm in waiting though, the software will only get better anyway! B)

And it's not like MS or Sony...there's no price drop to wait for. They're not shipping millions of Pandoras...yet! :)

Emu/Web/Email/Videos...no other single device is gonna do all that for me, at any price. Plus all the other stuff that's yet to be though of!

Ok, I think I've just convinced myself...LOL...

I am most likely a 2nd/3rd batcher. I make enough money to easily pre-order, and I trust the dev team as people. However, I am stingy about my money when it comes to technology and even though the potential is large, this product will need to prove its worth for me. Honestly, I feel as though solid PSX and N64 emulation along with a nicely featured music player will be needed to justify this purchase for me. That doesn't mean I'm not very enthusiastic about what this device can do, and what this project's existence symbolizes. I just need really good reasons to part with my money :D

If it can't do those things, it will only be just a little bit better than what I already have or could have with other devices. Part of my problem is that I own a gp2x and am considering the wiz, the pandora, and maybe an iphone (owned a first gen one). I can't justify owning all of those to myself, and maybe not more than one. I am eagerly awaiting the launch, nevertheless.

Back