Poll On The Linux Game Tome

second exodous

Advanced Member
I did a search and it looks like this hasn't been mentioned before, but there is a poll on The Linux Game Tome pertaining to Pandora. "What is (or is intended to be) your primary portable gaming device?". I think that clause "or is intended to be" is for us, lets not waste it.

Anyway, for of those that don't have The Linux Game Tome in your Bookmarks Toolbar already I'll post it down here:

CODE
http://www.happypenguin.org/

It was posted last month, but I haven't noticed it for some reason, I visit at least 3 or 4 times a week, so that's odd. I don't even look at the slashdot poll much anymore, so I probably just block all polls now.

Well, Pandora has a measly 47 votes to Nintendo DS's 92. And what the heck, PSP has 64, I don't know anyone who owns one, but apparently all 64 of them visit The Linux Game Tome.

So cast your vote for Pandora, the top handheld on a Linux site should have be a Linux handheld.

Last edited by a moderator:
Options like "Portable gaming sucks" is what creates my mental block towards polls like this. It's like the "blah blah blah Cowboy Neal blah blah blah" of slashdot.

I think no matter what the majority of the people will always vote for the funny response because the majority of the people on the planet crave attention.

I don't see an option for Game & Watch. I call blasphemy!

'cb88' said:
some where on some forum... someone is saying "as soon as the pandora passes the DS this poll looses all credibility" XD
But I really do like Tome, and I know a friend who would be jealous of me playing it on a pocket gaming device. :D

Pandora now has 92 votes
DS has 94
Portable Gaming sucks is around 117

We're almost the highest non-joke answer! Come on!!

'second exodous' said:
....people will always vote for the funny response because the majority of the people on the planet crave attention.
good point

:pandora1: :ph34r:

'noonioo' said:
'second exodous' said:
....people will always vote for the funny response because the majority of the people on the planet crave attention.
good point

:pandora1: :ph34r:

These polls are always useless time-wasting peices of rubbish for that very reason.

However, the Pandora is in the lead, ahead of "sucks" at 18%/120 votes as of my vote.

umm... "Sucks" is down at 117 :)

Can't do anything against a rabid bunch of community members with Pitchforks and Torches. Pandora wins.

'second exodous' said:
Options like "Portable gaming sucks" is what creates my mental block towards polls like this. It's like the "blah blah blah Cowboy Neal blah blah blah" of slashdot.

I think no matter what the majority of the people will always vote for the funny response because the majority of the people on the planet crave attention.
True, but I don`t see how anonymously voting on an internet poll will satisfy that need for attentions. Hence, I don`t see that as a motivation for voting on the "sucks" option for those attention-whores. More likely, they will just whine/troll in the comments about how it sucks, like useless douchy punks.

Anyway, the current standings (Pandora in the lead):

Sharp Zaurus (1%) 10 votes
GP32 (0%) 5 votes
GPH GP2X (3%) 22 votes
GPH GP2X Wiz (1%) 11 votes
Pandora (21%) 147 votes
Sony PSP (9%) 67 votes
Nintendo DS (13%) 95 votes
Nintendo GBA (1%) 12 votes
Nintendo GB[C] (1%) 12 votes
PalmOS Based Device (1%) 10 votes
Internet Tablet (2%) 18 votes
Portable Media Player (0%) 3 votes
Netbook/Minibook (11%) 78 votes
Mobile/Cellular Phone (7%) 51 votes
Pocket Snooker (1%) 10 votes
Portable gaming sucks (16%) 117 votes
Other (3%) 26 votes

(damn, can`t even use bold in the forums anymore)

Bit disappointed there was no option for psions, or agenda vr3s. 'other' just doesnt give them the credit they deserve. I guess you could count 'netbook'

Back